Ampthill on the move.
Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2019 16:29

Newly promoted Ampthill are moving to a new home just half a mile from their current one.

Here!

Re: Ampthill on the move.
Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2019 17:12

But not until 2020. Assuming we are still going, I might have to wake from my away-trip torpor and take our only opportunity to visit their current place.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2019 19:41

From what I have heard, you will need your hiking boots Albert.

Why doesn't the Championship have minimum ground standards? Portacabins of at least a certain size?

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 09 May, 2019 13:09

It's a quirky place fo' sho'.
A medium-length hike from the overflow car park in the park down the road, followed by a bevvy or two upstairs in the clubhouse, followed by a mellow amble through the dingly dell to the pitch on a hillside (albeit levelled!).
The latter being bereft of owt but a ditch behind a fence, to piddle in, and a table where you can purchase further refreshment.
Coarse rugby?
Just go! winking smiley

Posted by: Tyko (IP Logged)
Date: 09 May, 2019 17:18

Is there now an inverse relationship between the quality of the ground and the quality on the pitch? (Sm100)

Date: 10 May, 2019 07:06

Quote:
AdminBTCov
Coarse rugby?
Just go! winking smiley

Love it! (Sm134)

Posted by: oopnorth (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 08:54

Looks like a proper rugby club

[www.ampthillrufc.com]

Date: 10 May, 2019 16:32

Quote:
oopnorth
Looks like a proper rugby club
[www.ampthillrufc.com]
Yep

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 10 May, 2019 18:38

Seems The Championship is a sort of watershed between the "proper" rugby clubs, with several teams and a thriving bar selling real ales, and the professional one-team clubs of the Premiership.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net