Date: 09 May, 2019 13:58

. . . _ _ _ . . .

Re: Geech resigns
Posted by: Kirkstall End (IP Logged)
Date: 09 May, 2019 15:13

Quote:
JDH1
Posted by his wife

I refer you back to my previous post, with particular reference to social media, fan engagement etc. Hopeless.

Whilst I get the fact it isn't great news to report someone leaving the club, especially one of such profile and the trumpeting they gave when he arrived, it seems they're trying their best to ignore this until they can probably mention it in passing alongside some better news.

Or maybe no-one at the club knows yet.....

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 09 May, 2019 19:41

Geech's duties were handed-over to Stirlo on the latter's appointment. Since then he has made a few (unpaid) appearances on behalf of the club. He is nearly 73.

It is a surprise?

Posted by: JDH1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 May, 2019 21:41

No. We need cash and new blood that's enthusiastic driven

Date: 10 May, 2019 20:18

Posted by: Wildwillie (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 07:34

Quote:
JDH1
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/sir-ian-mcgeechan-quits-troubled-yorkshire-carnegie-1-9762124

A fairly damning report.

Posted by: Competitive Dad (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 16:03

Tweeted by Mrs Geech;
A sad Sir Ian went into @carnegierugby club yesterday players coaches support staff all gone what happens next @RMcgeechan @TheRugbyPaper

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 17:03

Well.... I mean... I'm the last person to try and put a positive spin on our current situation because....well.... we're f***ed aren't we. Just waiting for the inevitable confirmation.

However, it is worth pointing out that during the first week's of close season, you wouldn't really expect to see anyone there would you?

Date: 11 May, 2019 17:41

Strange she keeps adding the rugby paper in there too..

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 11 May, 2019 20:19

I remember working with a bricklayer from Northalerton - brilliant artisan, loved his job and at 69 years old was laying more bricks (and a lot straighter) than guys less than half his age. When he thought he had better retire, his wife said great we can go on lots of pic-nics.
Alas it was too late...

Perhaps Geech is in a similar situation?

Date: 11 May, 2019 23:11

He has given plenty to rugby over the years that's for sure.

Posted by: Feeding (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 07:17

I think they are all in Lanzarote for a week.

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 13:25

Quote:
Kirkstall End
Quote:
JDH1
Posted by his wife

I refer you back to my previous post, with particular reference to social media, fan engagement etc. Hopeless.

Now you tell me how they are meant to write something, get it signed off (and that will also need legal sign off so that will take some time) and issue before it's out on social by his nearest and dearest?

I see it as a good sign - if the club was going to wither and die then he'd not resign.

Posted by: Gelbel (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 13:40

Quote:
leemingtyke

However, it is worth pointing out that during the first week's of close season, you wouldn't really expect to see anyone there would you?

Exactly what I said Leeming.

Posted by: Bobba (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 17:41

Quote:
JDH1
Strange she keeps adding the rugby paper in there too..

Perhaps to sell more papers?

Date: 12 May, 2019 19:01

I just think the whole handling of it and posting on twitter is a poor show from him.

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 19:15

Maybe he didn't know what she was posting.

In any event, I can't see that this is much of a surprise. The Yorkshire project is dead, we're not sure whether we will keep our academy and we have asked him to work for nowt. At least he is hanging on until the official end of the season.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Date: 12 May, 2019 20:48

Maybe so.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net