OT The round ball game
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 19:50

I have a long history of playing and watching the "round ball game", but became disenchanted with the diving of players and I suppose the English dis-connection with how the top teams play. The hoof ruled!

Today I have seen a very one-sided FA cup final with (God forbid) a Lancastrian team winning by a record -equalling 6 - 0. But despite the uncompetitive game, I enjoyed it and it was good to see a classic passing team achieve success. And barely a "dive" in sight.

Perhaps the Football Premiership have got it right: good play, not much diving.

If our team fails during the summer then perhaps football will be a viable alternative to watching Halifax 3rd extras in the mud.

Re: OT The round ball game
Posted by: Zandra LaPoI (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 10:32

Not watch the Championship and Villa have you???

Grealish spends more time on the floor than underlay!!!!!

Posted by: JohnRich (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 23:50

Almo,

Despite our current difficulties I deplore the very mention of this appauling so called "game" on our message board.

I am surprised you could let your usual interesting observations stoop so low. Please take the mouthwash and resume normal service..........very quickly!

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2019 17:10

That's me told!

(Sm106)

Posted by: Carnegie (IP Logged)
Date: 31 May, 2019 22:21

Quote:
Zandra LaPoI
Not watch the Championship and Villa have you???
Grealish spends more time on the floor than underlay!!!!!

Nail. On. Head grinning smiley

Posted by: Toptyke's Dad (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2019 13:34

The Toptyke's are still recovering from celebrating their beloved Liverpool FC becoming European Champions again. OK the match was awful, but the celebrations were boss.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net