Current Page: 1 of 5
Any news?
Posted by: SideStep (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 13:35

I know the answer to this will be no but it's ridiculous we have heard nothing from the club in what seems forever.

The first Leeds Tykes child mascot...#leedswasps0203season. #cheersbentos

Re: Any news?
Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 18:35

Never expect anything from our club

Posted by: AnIdiotAbroad (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 19:01

Might be waiting for Lady Geech to tweet? It does make me smile when the more nave forum followers say how 'transparent' the club have been with comms. Oh my days, if comms have been transparent I dread to think what being kept in the dark feels like....

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 20:19

My name is Steve Nave then. How can the club commentate on confidential club to player negotiations?
We are frustrated but anyone involved in real world of business will understand that you cannot publicise everything until matters are finalised.

Date: 28 May, 2019 20:41

I don't think anyone expects confidential information to be shared but if you think the club has shared as much as it can then I guess we have to agree to disagree. The snipe about anyone involved in real world of business was a tad personal for me. Enjoy your evening Steve....

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 22:14

I'm not sure there are any players left to negotiate with! To me it seems likely that the discussion is about whether the club has any basis to continue.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Posted by: Madtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 22:15

YC have until 30th June to announce if they are to continue playing in the Championship or are going down the London Welsh route of imploding in obscurity. I suspect the former due to the lack of funding/player/Coach availability. As a Leeds Tykes/LC/YC supporter being kept in the dark is normal but I wish they'd break the habit of a lifetime and drip feed us or string us all a line.

[www.arborfieldoldboys.co.uk]

Posted by: Tyko (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 23:43

Don't you mean the latter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2019 23:44 by Tyko.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2019 09:56

Quote:
almostatyke
My name is Steve Nave then. How can the club commentate on confidential club to player negotiations?
We are frustrated but anyone involved in real world of business will understand that you cannot publicise everything until matters are finalised.

Almo, seriously, I'd be interested to know who you think is negotiating with who given that we have no DOR, no Head Coach, no players and no money?

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2019 10:16

Quote:
leemingtyke
Quote:
almostatyke

Almo, seriously, I'd be interested to know who you think is negotiating with who given that we have no DOR, no Head Coach, no players and no money?

And in the League Express, our PR Manager is waxing lyrical about the excellence of the communication methods used at the Rhinos. Must have forgotten about communicating with Carnegie.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Date: 29 May, 2019 16:30

At this moment in time the most senior staff member in the rugby department is the Academy Manager. And Lazo is one of the very few left with any integrity at the club.

Worse kept secret in last few weeks announced today that Steve Boden has joined Knights on a 2 year contract as Assistant Coach. I personally wish him all the very best - Bodes has been exceptional in my view and will no doubt raise performance levels at castle Park.

Date: 29 May, 2019 16:35

We have 8 players contracted for next season and unless they all agree to waive their entitlements for next season then the club cannot proceed. These are the negotiations to which I referred.

Posted by: Albert Fishwick (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2019 18:04

But aren't most of those the reinforcements we signed in mid-season? I'm sure I've seen somewhere that they are either taking up options elsewhere or going back to NZ.

If I had all the money I've spent on drink ..... I'd spend it on drink.

Date: 29 May, 2019 19:00

Can you name the 8, because I think some of them may have secured moves.

And also, there is no one for them to negotiate with. That would be the DORs job.

Date: 29 May, 2019 20:59

All the eight players are amongst those recruited from NZ, but until all have waived their entitlement (and this means more than a twitter message - I am going back to NZ), then the club cannot move forward. In parallel there is the alleged 250k overspend from last season which the shareholders might or might not fund.

All this was made clear at the fans meeting at Headingley. OK frustrating that we do not have any updates, but I am sure if there is any good news to share it will be broadcast immediately.

IMHO no news is bad news, but criticising the club for not saying anything when there is probably nothing to say doesn't help.

Steve Naive

Posted by: headingleytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2019 21:35

Perhaps we could supplement the team with members of theforum. I played 2nd row/ no 8 . Mind you it was 45 years ago

Date: 29 May, 2019 22:04

OK, so you mean the club (presumably Mr Dockray, Chris Gibson maybe - in the absence of anyone else) negotiating the premature end of the contracts of the players we signed towards the end of 2018, not negotiating deals for new players.

By my reckoning two of those players have gone, thats:

Tom Hill (going to Nottingham)
Cian Romaine (going to Pirates)

Which leaves:

Fa'atiga Lemalu
Nic Mayhew
Antonio Kiri Kiri
Jade Te Rure
Elijah Niko (who I think is rumoured to be going to play RL somewhere)

and one other who I can't think of?

Date: 30 May, 2019 09:41

Thoroughgood.

It would be interesting to know what their general demeanour is: are they bitter at lost promises or grateful for an, albeit brief, spell in Leeds in a successful team?

On one hand it has been a shop window for them but I imagine that is overshadowed by the "fire sale" environment whereby they are only likely to get a cut-price deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/05/2019 09:47 by almostatyke.

Posted by: Competitive Dad (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2019 11:30

Broken promises, tuck in a foreign land and either having to find a job or pay for their relocation back home. I can imagine their general demeanor is on the GRIM side

Date: 30 May, 2019 14:07

I believe that the club made a promise to honour last season's wage commitments in full and I am pretty sure that would include an end of season flight home as part of the package (unless someone knows better?).

Does anyone understand the NZ rugby scene, doesn't the Currie Cup start half way through their season?

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net