Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The beat goes on.
Posted by: Teddy1981 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 16:09

Quote:
almostatyke
Hi Teddy, I thought the Jersey government also makes payments to you?

The Tourism Board provide grants to Jersey Reds (previously the Jersey Rugby Association) as the return on investment is huge for tourism in the island.

Assistant Treasury Minister Statement

#Jeeersey

Posted by: TykeGeorge (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 16:35

Out of interest the cost of a team going over to Jersey for their league fixture must be significant - a party of say 30 with overnight stay. Do the clubs have to find all of this out of their normal budget?

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 17:47

Quote:
TykeGeorge
Out of interest the cost of a team going over to Jersey for their league fixture must be significant - a party of say 30 with overnight stay. Do the clubs have to find all of this out of their normal budget?

Yes they do I think, but only once per season. Jersey have to do it 11 times.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 22:19

I think travelling expenses are part of the rfu monies. Not sure if Jersey get more of the rfu grant than others?

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 23:55

Quote:
almostatyke
I think travelling expenses are part of the rfu monies. Not sure if Jersey get more of the rfu grant than others?
I can tell you definitely Almo, they do not. We asked their chairman when we were over there , and he was adamant they got no favours whatsoever.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net