Ring a Ring of Roses
Posted by: TykesRugby.co.uk (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2019 09:29

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Ring a Ring of Roses
Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2019 13:06

Nice piece WPL.
One comment I would make is that Pirates stadium has not commenced yet, and even when the first phase build is complete it will not meet Premiership standards, requiring an additional 10 million plus upgrade.

Posted by: WPL (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2019 13:40

Fair point almost - I would group them with Doncaster then, potential if (more) money is spent

Posted by: Haxbytyke (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2019 21:55

"Close the door for 3 years slightly better but not much, to me it just says stagnate for 2 years and then go mad in the 3rd year."

That was the Carnegie plan 2 years ago, and it has backfired spectacularly. Some of us saw it coming, but our opinions didn't matter,we were just being negative. A complete shambles.

COME ON LEEDS.
We've been through it all together.

Posted by: almostatyke (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2019 17:52

The one option I cannot see is to go to 14 clubs in the Premiership. The rfu wants the Premiership to create and maintain successful international players, but if we look at the Top14 in France, their 14 team top tier does the opposite. It is a slog, players are made available for the 6 Nations a week after the other countries, and it is a major factor on why France punches below its weight at international level.
I know that the cup competition could be reduced/eliminated to help reduce the number of matches played, but in reality only squad-players (not internationals) currently play in the cup competition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net