Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: MOC returning as Head coach
Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 20:50

Quote:
Seal
Can anyone elaborate on the YBY favouritism and O'Connors reputation of disliking young players?

I don't know on the Ben Youngs bit, I mean he is and has been our best scrum half and started every game he can long since MOC left.

On the young players front he has a reputation, rightly in my view, of not trusting or selecting younger players. We didn't bring through many in his previous time in charge, if you remember it took ages for Youngs to replace Grindle and Ford to replace Staunton, whilst few of their contemporaries were given chances and a few have moved on. Green, Purdy, Lewington spring immediately to mind for instance.

Posted by: tbtb (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 20:54

I personally don't mind MOC that much but it seems at best a sidegrade and the timing absolutely stinks.

The critical issue is that if this means no DoR is coming then presumably Glynn is de facto in charge of the entire playing department and he is in my mind provenly incompetent.

This reeks of a stitch up.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 20:55

That would explain Worth's language on RL in his post match interview smiling smiley

Posted by: irishaxeman (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 21:06

YBY's status as golden boy was told to me via players who didn't like MOC and one other who also commented on some who could do no right. There was one player who had a Mexican standoff but couldn't be dropped at the time MOC was very conservative but also unpleasantly ruthless (borne out by Leinster?), Cockers did the human bit. I was sort of shocked by this; my sources also fed into a judgement made by another pro - Tigers had a rare team who could play heads up and also win from behind and once it moved on there would be a decline. MOC was unrated by this AP pro and SH international; but then he was a Kiwi and MOC is an Aussie......(Sm122)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 21:07 by irishaxeman.

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 21:13

Don't understand why Leinster are letting him go with a European quarter final coming up?

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 21:15

He's not been at Leinster this season

Posted by: Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 21:53

Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
So Thacker to Worcs
Evans to Wasps
Harrison to Sale
Etc
Etc
Etc

AW - is there any substance to the HT to Worcs rumour? I haven't read this anywhere but here.

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 22:12

Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
So Thacker to Worcs
Evans to Wasps
Harrison to Sale
Etc
Etc
Etc

AW - is there any substance to the HT to Worcs rumour? I haven't read this anywhere but here.

as much substance as any rumours TBH.

I was just being dramatic in my post.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 22:16

, but I wonder if Smithy will be retiring soon.....will be interested to see who ducks out of re-signing and who seeks to move on early.is (Sm106)[/quote]

Now... i wonder if THAT is the reason for Smith lifting the cup on Sunday.
Did the players already know ? Is that why they played out of their skins in the past 2 weeks.

Posted by: Chris Egerton (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 22:16

Quote:
Stopsy
That would explain Worth's language on RL in his post match interview smiling smiley

Won't get involved in the rest of the thread, but we did laugh about that in the car home...

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 22:25

The timing once again stinks. Cockers goes before wasps, Mauger goes before Saints. Are the board trying to sabotage any chance we have this season?

Why not wait two weeks and if we have lost to saints and (or more harshly or) bath then make the change then.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 22:25

Quote:
SK 88
Quote:
Yorkie
As I said, an announcement missing. Or announcements even?

Very poor communication strategy from club if so. Should always announce the main man first.

Players seem to have been informed by the media?

If the latter is true then agree with the former. My post is speculation based upon the opinion that MOC needs some incoming coaches to support him, particularly to look after the forwards.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Date: 20 March, 2017 22:29

Quote:
Shere Khan
Yorkie, you have made it very obvious that you don't like Peter Tom. Does he have something on you, or do you have something on him?
I can't understand why a person who has given so much of his life to the Club would suddenly what to pull the rug from under everyone's feet.

Just an opinion. Not a matter of like or dislike. Enough people have a go at SC but the real decision making power at the club sits with "the owners". If you have ever seen PT perform as chairman then you should understand my view.

Date: 20 March, 2017 22:38

Quote:
Duncan Keene
The timing once again stinks. Cockers goes before wasps, Mauger goes before Saints. Are the board trying to sabotage any chance we have this season?
Why not wait two weeks and if we have lost to saints and (or more harshly or) bath then make the change then.

Agree, but ....

Is the thinking that this season is already a bust and so they want the new boss in place asap to get everything lined up ready for next season, including some new incoming players (of which there haven't really been any to date)?

Posted by: Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 22:43

Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
Shere Khan
Yorkie, you have made it very obvious that you don't like Peter Tom. Does he have something on you, or do you have something on him?
I can't understand why a person who has given so much of his life to the Club would suddenly what to pull the rug from under everyone's feet.

Just an opinion. Not a matter of like or dislike. Enough people have a go at SC but the real decision making power at the club sits with "the owners". If you have ever seen PT perform as chairman then you should understand my view.

Not a matter of like or dislike?

I'd hate to see your attitude towards someone you dislike!

Let me hear you say Baalix

Let me hear you say Big Hairy Danglers

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 23:03

[quote Yorkie][quote Duncan Keene]
Agree, but ....

Is the thinking that this season is already a bust and so they want the new boss in place asap to get everything lined up ready for next season, including some new incoming players (of which there haven't really been any to date)?[/quote]

That was my thinking a frw weeks ago, after some of the humpings. Get tem in now and use the rest of the season to bed in.

Now as it happens, if we were to get our fingers out, we can still be 4th. So worth a go to secure that (even an away semi brings more dosh than none). But not sure the announcement before the Stains game is good timing. Unless they think it will galvanise the players to give Mauger a good send off.

Whilst no twitter fan, it seems there are some 'WTFs ' from players to this announcement.

Posted by: Fat Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2017 23:08

Hmmm... this looks suspiciously like moving back to a coach that we've already had, and under whose tenure I didn't think the team really progressed much, if at all. Better then than now, but it's much easier getting a team to the '10-'13 standard when you are starting with the class of '07-'10 who were even better, than it is with the current squad/performance level which is rather worse.

I'll get behind the team and MOC, and hope he proves me wrong - but that's about as positive as I can get on this.

Posted by: Jon T (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 02:15

Firstly whilst distinctly underwhelmed by MOC coming back (I'm more in the don't look back camp) a few things strike me. One, It all shows the sacking of Cockers and reports that it was either/or(Mauger) in a slightly worse light to me. And two, the I'm surprised that some think it a bad thing or unusual that any coach has favourites and that some might not want to play for MOC or won't be rated by him. A coach will always have his favourites and som that are highly rated by others will be treated harshly in some peoples eyes. Its the the same with any coach no matter what team or sport.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 03:18

3 coaches in one season #TigersFamily

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2017 07:22

Yorkie said

'Just an opinion. Not a matter of like or dislike. Enough people have a go at SC but the real decision making power at the club sits with "the owners". If you have ever seen PT perform as chairman then you should understand my view'.

I didn't realise you were a member of the board and attended board meetings. It goes a long way in explaining your insight.

After sending an email to PT re Gibson and his departure to Saints I received a personal phone call from him. We talked for around 20 minutes and he explained a number of 'confidential' things that he needn't. He was passionate, polite and a Tiger through and through. He even invited me for a drink after match given I'd now got his phone number. Yeah Yorkie terrible Chairman. What we need is a faceless non-entity.

Re MOC. Let's see. Happy clappers all seem less than happy and there I was being told it was all about getting behind the team type stuff and seeing the positive in everything.

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net