Ref for this weekend
Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 11:45

Maxwell-Keys will referee his 37th Aviva Premiership fixture. He will be assisted by Nigel Carrick and John Meredith, while Sean Davey is the television match official.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Re: Ref for this weekend
Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 18:49

Good, got a lot of time for this bloke. He seems to learn well as he goes along

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 23:45

Referees do not significantly influence results but TMOS do , touch judges are invisible and blind , worry about Davey, the man in the van .

Posted by: Fuzzy Dunlop (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 16:51

Just a casual 6 or 7 penalties going unpunished after his second final warning (which coincidentally came at the same time he missed a clear deliberate knock on).

Cr@p.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 16:55 by Fuzzy Dunlop.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 17:26

He was as usual abysmal.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 17:32

Clearly we blew so many chances and the miss firing lineout means we have to take the blame ourselves for the lack of bonus point. No doubt about that.

But, maxwell keys totally robbed us second half. At least two nailed on yellows for glaws, the high tackle on genge not even given as a pen and the blatant deliberate knock on. Would like to see how our 13 man maul collapsed too, that looked very much like they dropped it from my spot.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 17:33

I thought he was OK but did miss a number of high tackles that were worse than Wells' one.

I note the dreadful feeding of the scrum continues to emasculate it as a part of the game (for both sides).

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 17:37

Clearly dropped the maul Duncan from my view, and on the knock on, given their player's head in hands "oh no I've just got myself sent off" surely one of the officiators may have noticed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/09/2017 17:39 by Stopsy.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 17:43

The high tackles on May and then Genge, neither even a pen, were atrocious refereeing. How he continues to steal a living is beyond me.

The deliberate knock on was clear as day. The full back stops it being a penalty try but its a yellow card offence every single time. Those were what the yellow was brought in for.

Until the line-out is sorted we can't blame them for the results but the stand of officiating is terrible.

Date: 16 September, 2017 23:35

Nail hit squarely!

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2017 23:53

Hmmm. I hate blaming the ref and won't now for our failure to score the 4th try but blimey, 17 (?) penalties, and some of them blatant professional fouls, without a yellow card for individual or team offences, is hard to fathom in the current climate.

Date: 17 September, 2017 00:00

In the case of that ref I don't think it is. He's just very poor.

Posted by: GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2017 06:00

Quote:
Stopsy
Clearly dropped the maul Duncan from my view, and on the knock on, given their player's head in hands "oh no I've just got myself sent off" surely one of the officiators may have noticed?

As Healey said on comms that also showed a lack of leadership amongst Tigers. Someone should have been in the refs ear straight away.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2017 10:05

When OTY went off, Gorgeous was captain. He does need to be a little more vocal in this role.

Glaws got a team warning at the end of the first half that seemed to disappear in the second half when he gave them another one. Not often you get a choice of penalty positions nowadays without a yellow card been seen.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 18 September, 2017 13:44

Ackereman wasn't happy with him at all, said he missed a few things and he is absolutely correct, he missed two head high tackles and a pt but what was the TMO doing while all this was going on.

Date: 18 September, 2017 13:49

Quote:
what was the TMO doing while all this was going on
(Sm22)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net