Current Page: 1 of 2
Not Nots
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 09:28

Is there anyone who could do with a rest on the bench this coming weekend, do we even start to have one eye on the trip to France yet?

Re: Not Nots
Posted by: Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 09:38

Strongest team we can allowing for players who really need a rest IMHO.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Posted by: arh53 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 09:41

According to BT Tombstone is fit so should come in for Malouf who still has a lot to learn. Tom Youngs should take a break.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 12:45

I see no reason to rest Malouf.
May, Ford and YBY are probably due an EPS week off. Thus might be the best time. If the prop resources weren't stretched I'd rest Dan as well.

I think Tuohy should feature.

Posted by: GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 12:50

Doesnt the EPS week off have to follow the International games?

Last year because we werent in the knock out stages of the European Cup it didnt apply to our players after the 6 Nations

Date: 01 October, 2017 12:52

Is that right?

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:05

Would like to see
1) Bateman
2) McGuigan
3) Whoever.......
4) Barrow
5) Wells
6) Kalamafoni
7) O'Connor
8) Mapaplangi
9) Youngs
10) Ford
11) Thompstone
12) Toomua
13) Smith
14) May
15) Veainu

16) Thacker/Youngs
17) traynor
18) Whoever
19) Tuohy
20) Evans
21) Harrison
22) Ford
23) Tait

It's a game we really have to try and win.
Racing A is a big game but also one we can afford to win, but with that Bath home defeat we need to be picking up as many away wins as poss in the prem.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:32

It's another game we really need to win, those early losses and the lack of bonus points is killing us.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:01

Quote:
Rich W
Is that right?

Who knows they've both refused to publish the new EPS agreement and refused to even publicly name the squad. I assume its the training squad announced but they've not announced a Saxons squad and in the past these training squads were not the same as the EPS.

If England can ride roughshod over the regs I don't see why we shouldn't too.

Date: 01 October, 2017 14:31

I'd look for something like this:

Genge
McGuigan
Mulipola (if fit, don't know why he missed last game)
Wells
Barrow
Kalamafoni
O'Connor
Mapapalangi

Youngs
Ford
Malouf
Toomua
Catchpole/Thacker
May
Veainu

Bench: Youngs, Bateman, Cole, Tuohy, Evans, Harrison, Catchpole/Thacker, Holmes

I think having Joe Ford on the bench is a waste. We're not going to bring him on unless there is an injury to George Ford and if that happens we can always shift Toomua in. Can better use that space in the squad for a sub to the backline we will actually use.

Posted by: Jon T (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:42

But he has been used at sub this year.

Date: 01 October, 2017 15:09

For 30 seconds against Quins in the centre. I think that aides my point not harms it!

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 15:34

I would hope that if tigers can get themselves in a comfortable lead in a game Joe will be brought on.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 15:57

Strongest squad available for me, we have a lot of ground to make up in the league and the team is gelling by playing together more than going through the motions at Oval Park.

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:46

If you watched the Gosforth game you'd have perhaps noticed how much Not-nots improved when their new Aussies came in the later stages. There may have been other factors in play but it warned me that they should not be taken as lightly as some want to, especially on the come down from such a fine result and display versus Ex. For me it should be strongest starting team possible and get the game won .. if we get the try bonus point squirreled away then use the bench

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Date: 01 October, 2017 17:51

Who has suggested taking them lightly?

We've got a good squad and picking the same players until they break is not a great strategy.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 17:54

Make the subs earlier if on top is not the same as playing until they break.

Date: 01 October, 2017 18:00

A bit of controlled rotation on our own terms (and not Eddie's) isn't the same as taking Irish lightly. It's just prudence. Had we not made our lives harder by our awful first two games it wouldn't even be a question.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 22:25

I think I'd go for:

Bateman
Youngs
Mulipola
Wells
Barrow
Williams
O'Connor
Kalamafoni

Harrison
G Ford
May
Toomua
Smith
Thompstone
Veainu

Genge
Mcguigan
Cole
Mapapalangi
Hamilton
Youngs
J Ford
Malouf

Date: 01 October, 2017 22:46

I wouldn't disagree with that. Might rest May for Thommo rather than Malouf and give Owen a run in the centres off the bench to allow Ford to come off after 55-60.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net