Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Match thread
Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 15:43

That was an absolutely worrying second half performance ,yet another TBP opportunity wasted and another 5 minutes and we could have lost that.What happened to our killer instinct seems to have been lost a long time ago.

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 15:44

Quote:
Bod
Another 5 mins and Irish might have won that.

Fixed that

Date: 07 October, 2017 15:45

I'm not worried about it, but annoyed at the wasted chance.

Toomua, Cole, Genge, Bateman, Youngs, Wells, Youngs, Harrison, Smith, Veainu all got some decent rest.

But we have to win at Paris now.

Posted by: jojo (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 15:56

If Vianu had been playing we would have had the bonus point by half time. He would have ripped that defence to bits.

Mrs JJ

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:06

Yet again we can't execute an attacking lineout.

It's all very well May and Tait (and Telusa last week) making amazing breaks but it they run away from their support - or simply beat their own man like Telusa did - and can't find an option to carry on the move then it's a total waste of effort.

We are probably the most unpredictable and creative team in the division but we are doing it by being incredibly inaccurate.

Our handling remains with a few notable exceptions, dreadful.

Posted by: melton tiger (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:07

Why all the negative waves...? 4 wins on the bounce. Weakened team. Melton won. Grimsby won. Scunthorpe lost. Saints lost. Be nice if Bath and Lincoln had lost as well, but all round that looks like a pretty good day...

Posted by: Parcdeprince (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:20

Well, clearly had an eye on Paris and sacrificed a bonus point to that end. In the long run hopefully not too damaging.
Ben White looked a third choice to be honest, not sure what he has right now over Kitto, He also has this dummy movement thing going on - little flick of the shoulder or head probably legal, I think it's only dummy hand movements wgphich contravene the laws, but I didn't like it!
Is there a formal process for declaring man love for Johhny May, or can we all just go for it any old how??

Posted by: GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:42

He looked nervous and indecisive as any teenager would. With the late changes and injuries it was Harrison that we missed most. White took too long at the base of every ruck and gave Irish longer to re-align.

Im sure he'll benefit from those 50 mins in the long term though

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 16:48

He certainly didn't lose anything in comparison to Kitto in my opinion, and by the time he has played as many years as Kitto I think/hope he will be significantly better.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 17:06

I don't think we "took them lightly" we just played badly. We had the players on the field to do it (secure the 4th try) they just didn't play well enough to finish it off. Losing Kalamafoni, Harrison and Owen (8,9,13) effectively in one go really knocked our momentum.

The lineout remains a big worry, it limits us so much.

White wasn't great but having watched him at various levels before it was clearly just a bit of nerves, he's usually very nippy at the base. Though I wonder if Simmonds might get the nod next time.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 17:22

In many ways just a bit unlucky, particularly the freak double head knock. Couple of momentum killers our fault, Owen yellow, a few drops, and some pens from JP that just aren't being given against other attacks in the league (though I agree with them). Overall a banana skin missed but frustrating not to get the full value from the performance which I thought on the whole was very good.

Posted by: Heaf (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 22:31

Quote:
jojo
If Vianu had been playing we would have had the bonus point by half time. He would have ripped that defence to bits.
Mrs JJ

Probably true but could equally say if Mulchrone and Coman had been playing the defence wouldn't have been so rubbish ...

Date: 08 October, 2017 09:30

Quote:
Heaf
Quote:
jojo
Mrs JJ

Probably true but could equally say if Mulchrone and Coman had been playing the defence wouldn't have been so rubbish ...

But neither of those two have played in the last 3 weeks whilst Veainu was named in this side.

For me our biggest thing was Harrison going off early, white has alot of promise but the late call up followed by the early sub prob wasn't the best for him.

Posted by: Heaf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 10:16

True - and unfortunately the last 3 weeks results have shown why we need them back ASAP

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net