Current Page: 1 of 5
Brave New World
Posted by: Purebob (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:56

So..
Pulling together the Q&A from tonight it seems that :

1) We're poo because the game is all about collisions now and RC and AM recruited a bunch of Girls blouses
2) MOC has had to lend his enormous expertise to coaching the forwards to the detriment of the backs.
3) No hotel

so the way to a brave new world is:

1) Recruit (presumably) bigger lumps ( fragile, not particularly good lumps if Denton's recruitment is an example)
2) Hire a forwards coach so the backs can have all of MOC's lovin'
3) A hotel

I don't know about you, but I feel better already.

Donate now to Cancer research

Re: Brave New World
Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:59

Will a hotel generate the funds to get us out of this hole?

Posted by: Purebob (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:09

As we aren't building it, or owning it I can't see how but hey, I'm not Donald Trump.

Donate now to Cancer research

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:23

One assumes you are referring to the Open Forum?

Tbh, it was very much same old, same old.

Good to see OTY and Geordan showing some passion.

BUT, it was just a load of excuses and platitudes from MOC and his body language was terrible. He couldn't have looked more disinterested if he'd tried!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:23

So far, based on the above, itís been circling the wagons and blame everyone but ourselves. But weíre the leaders, which way did they go??!

Shouldnít be surprised I suppose.

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:24

Who was there on the panel please?

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:26

Ged
Cohen
MOC
Toomua
OTY
Brett
Stanko
Murphy
Rose

Posted by: penguin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:29

I thought it went well a little staged but some good insights into the thinking nice sized panel with all the coaching team in with two senior players well worth the long trip

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:29

Rory Underwood too

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:30

Thanks AW. I feel particularly for Toomua, OTY, Stanko and Brett, finding themselves in this situation. Ged and Cohen, how much did they contribute to the discussion I wonder?!

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:33

SC said a lot.

GG said a fair bit but doesn't always explain things as well as he perhaps could do.

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:34

TF1 about 30% for the pair

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:38

Quote:
Yorkie
Rory Underwood too

Knew I forgot someone.

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:38

Thanks again both. For those who attended, do you feel more confident about the future than you did before the forum?

Posted by: Dreadnought (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:40

Shall not attend again Tigers stage managed it to banal perfection. No one can ever question Tom Young's total commitment to the jersey but I found the so called final question just to convenient to conclude the evenings event.
No way Tom knew anything prior about it given his very moving reaction.

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:41

In a word NO

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:44

Yeah pretty confident they are trying it might as yet not be working but itís not all doom and gloom

Posted by: S4llyC (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:46

It was always inevitably going to be stage managed to give out the right messages, so no surprise there.

It was the first one Iíve been to, and I saw it more as a chance for the fans to say their piece (and a good number of points were put across effectively) rather than for the club to make any dramatic statement. Iím glad I went, if only to hear the few words from Matt Toomua and OTY, and see the look on Geordanís face when somebody questioned commitment.

Date: 13 February, 2018 22:55

Quote:
S4llyC
It was always inevitably going to be stage managed to give out the right messages, so no surprise there.
It was the first one Iíve been to, and I saw it more as a chance for the fans to say their piece (and a good number of points were put across effectively) rather than for the club to make any dramatic statement. Iím glad I went, if only to hear the few words from Matt Toomua and OTY, and see the look on Geordanís face when somebody questioned commitment.

Frankly I thought Geordan did not handle that question in a professional manner. Getting angry with an angry supporter is never the best response.

Posted by: vicky_c (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 23:06

The club posted some photos on twitter which showed the entire panel adopting very defensive body language and looking frankly miserable. They balanced it up with some smiley stuff later, but I donít buy that certain people wanted to be there. 3 line whip more like.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net