Current Page: 1 of 2
Ground Control to Mr Tom
Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 17:11

Firstly give whatever support Geordan needs , and my goodness he and the team need it now. Just to give you a customers perspective.rather than from your lofty perspective, we gave up paying for 4 season tickets after 7 continuous years, this year , feeling that the Tigers family is a misnomer , having to queue for very bad service in the bars , ticket office and shop. We are caring Tigers fans and endure, the tribulations both off and on the pitch because we support/care about our club. We battle through traffic, weather, financial worries to get our seat at the hallowed ground. We are faced with staff, trying to give good service , but disorganised,rudderless, leaderless and frankly clueless. All this is tolerable if not desireable, but today , the camel`s back was broken. Not only was the pre match experience in the ground it`s usual fare of disorganised, untrained, demotivated , leaderless staff, this was replicated on the pitch. the body language of the players in the warm up and during the game gave away the both the tangible and visual indications of a club in crisis. This will not to be solved by the usual scapegoating of the Head Coach or any other individual. This is happening on your watch , your BOD have created this bloody mess and now is the time to accept that todays performance is a direct result of two years of farcical decisions at Executive level to which you and your BOD are directly responsible. Time to stop navel gazing and get professional , unless mid table mediocrity and demoralised staff and appalling service on and off the pitch is acceptable to you and your BOD. It isn`t to me and many thousands of supporters who I suspect will vote with their feet over the coming months.This once great and proud club is becoming a parody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2018 17:13 by daktari.

Re: Ground Control to Mr Tom
Posted by: Johns (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 17:37

Chris, why no send your comments to Peter Tom?

e-mail peter.tom@tigers.co.uk

Date: 23 September, 2018 17:42

Done

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 18:33

Agree with 'dak's' comments about the players body language, for the first 60 mins they looked completely disinterested.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 19:02

Interestingly it echos the Famile Preston's thoughts rather well.
The service wasnt a prob for me in tje A+L stand, because it seemed rather quiet there. But on pitch etc whst you say holds for us.
Coupled wirh the endless game changed to sunday and fridays (just 2 of 10 games up to the end of 2018 are Saturdays) and the 'TigersFamily' just a soundbite now, we are for the 1st time seriously thinking of not renewing our 3 STs come the end of this season (decision in Dec before the Jan renewal date)

I know 2 folks who just dropped the STs after neigh on 2 decades for the same reasons.

Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 19:10

Ground Control to Mr Tom...

For here am I standing on the terrace
Far above the pitch
The air and my mood is blue
And there's nothing I can do

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 19:15

Club can,t , on it's own, do much other then shout and yell about jo times. The rest of it, I guess, is down to personal choice. If I could go unto the dressing room and tell the players that, over the years I have many seen Tigers play badly and get a deserved kicking,despite their best efforts, I would. Then I would tell them that this was an embarrassment, the brilliance of the last 20 mins. could not hide the disastrous previous 60. Indeed, if Wuss had not scored in the last play , it would have been hard on them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/09/2018 19:17 by IDLETIMES.

Posted by: tigersince74 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 19:23

Decline started when Peter Wheeler retired. Sadly, I am no longer shocked by our incompetence on and off the field. I fear it will get worse.

Posted by: jojo (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 21:56

Looking at the game from behind the sticks, it became obvious just how disorganised and badly rehearsed our defensive line is.

There were gaps and dog legs all over the place and frankly (i will mention a name reluctantly) Kitchener was a liability as he was a revolving door and could be seen ambling into position (badly). He wasn't the only one who failed to make and complete his tackles though. Compared to Worcs line, Worcs were organised and got into position within seconds of losing their ball. Their line was compact without any obvious gaps. They worked hard to achieve this. We could not break through for the first 60 mins or so. It was also clear that when they made their tackles it was always with two or three players making it difficult for us to recycle ball

Looking at Worcs attacking threat they knew exactly what to do on our line. There were two pods of three players linked/bound waiting for the ball to be recycled to one of the pods faced by one or two isolated players in front of them with agood chance of muscling through to the line. Every time they got into our 22 they scored. Shame we couldn't as we would have won with all the possession we had.

The question which needs to be asked is what should we do about these shortcomings. IMO the players need to be told in no uncertain terms that it is their duty to get into a properly maintained line and the players make it a point of honour that they don't miss stupid tackles. And when they have stopped a player bring them down.

Anyone for a rugby league defensive coach. Oh we were going to appoint one. Cohen has no doubt pocketed the money for that though.

We are scrimping on the resources which are screaming out for funding (coaching and analysis)

Well who cares because if things carry on in this shambolic way my season ticket money will not be going into the Tigers coffers after December.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 22:34

Quote:
IDLETIMES ..
despite their best efforts ...[/quote

Well on that one, that's exactly where my (and i believe a lot of people's) annoyance is. Their best efforts. If we lost despite the best efforts of the players, coaches, BoD etc then I'd be fine. It's the LACK if efforts that grates.

For the Fri eve and Sunday games. Just rent it out every Sunday and Fri eve from Sept to May. Other clubs get to define when they can't play. We need to decide on a way of doing so too. Get a limitation on the Granby halls car park or whatever from the council that says 'can't play outside of the 2pm to 6pm on a Saturdays without permission from the Pope.

Posted by: Geoff-Neil (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2018 22:44

Agree with everything said by Daktari, today at half time made the decision not t o renew next year!! If the club doesn't care why should I.

Posted by: Johns (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 06:29

Quote:
tigersince74
Decline started when Peter Wheeler retired. Sadly, I am no longer shocked by our incompetence on and off the field. I fear it will get worse.

100% agree,

As we have recruited many of our forwards from Worcester why do we not look to recruit their forwards and defence coaching.

The point about Wheeler is very true, after the game went professional and it settled down we made regular profits, the exception being when we built the new stand and had ro write off the old members stand. The Board did not replace Wheeler with a suitable manger.

Expect another large loss this year.

Our Executive management is no good enough.

Lets hope for a large turnout of shareholders for the AGM, that is the time to hold the board to account.

Date: 24 September, 2018 06:34

Quote:
Johns
Quote:
tigersince74

Lets hope for a large turnout of shareholders for the AGM, that is the time to hold the board to account.

Yes I will be there ,hopefully many more , its time to put up or shut up, the BOD are failing this club , its imploding before our eyes.

Posted by: vicky_c (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 08:40

I heard this morning that Simon Cohen had a season ticket handed back to him after the game yesterday and was told the reasons why in no uncertain terms.

A number of people also left the terrace at half time and just didnít bother coming back.

Date: 24 September, 2018 09:42

Let's be honest about things, our decline started when Peter Wheeler was replaced by Simon Cohen and has gradually accelerated under the helm of Cohen.

Why oh why did Peter Tom appoint Cohen and move out Peter Wheeler.

Time to get rid otherwise more questions will be asked of our chairman.

Ignoring the above we must still give Geordan and his coaches our support and time AND resource him with some more experienced hands to help him as we can't expect the current coaching team to iron out all the problems we can all see

Posted by: LTigerFan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 09:44

Loving how Geordan Murphy was given such "support" a couple of weeks ago and now after 3 games in charge the fans have turned on him.

Also I don't see how the board can be blamed for established not being able to tackle or organise a D line?

Date: 24 September, 2018 09:50

Who's dissing Geordan LTF. Give him time I say and resources.

This decline is down to under-resourcing our team and whose fault is that?

Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 09:51

Quote:
LTigerFan
Loving how Geordan Murphy was given such "support" a couple of weeks ago and now after 3 games in charge the some fans have turned on him.

ftfy

Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 09:57

I actually haven't seen many fans having a go at Geordan. Everyone expects/hopes (maybe forlornly) that he will be given appropriate coaching support.

Also, BTW what Jojo said.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2018 10:03

Somebody Negotiated(?) contracts that means two 1st squad players (including a Marquee player) are going to be missing in the SH for most of pre-season and the first six matches!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net