Cockers on Tigers situation on BT Sport Rugby Tonight
Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 21:10

Excellent interview, to paraphrase - lots of coaches come and gone, nothing has changed, make change things have to get better and if not those people that made those changes have to take responsibility. Then followed up by Ozís views that too much has been invested into the infrastructure.

Re: Cockers on Tigers situation on BT Sport Rugby Tonight
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 08:08

Given the professional manner in which Richard has conducted himself after his sacking, I hope short shrift will be given to anyone suggesting sour grapes on his part.

Posted by: Dreadnought (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 09:12

We do need to infrastructure speculate in order to fiscally accumulate and generate other revenue streams. The problem I believe is not the infrastructure problems themselves its the fact that the Rugby, upon which everything is built on, has been allowed to deteriorate. There may well come a time when attendance shall no longer service this new infrastructure unless the Board finally get a grip and turn the Titanic around.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 09:36

Quote:
Dreadnought
We do need to infrastructure speculate in order to fiscally accumulate and generate other revenue streams. The problem I believe is not the infrastructure problems themselves its the fact that the Rugby, upon which everything is built on, has been allowed to deteriorate. There may well come a time when attendance shall no longer service this new infrastructure unless the Board finally get a grip and turn the Titanic around.

This.

The infrastructure improvements are said to be self funding (ie the extra revenue that they are projected to generate will cover the cost and repayment of the loans taken to fund their creation) or funded via our majority shareholder (via loan or issue of shares). Must take up some of the board's time, especially the Chairman and CEO, but should any of them be involved in the day to day affairs of the playing squad?

This "self funding" financial approach will make the Crumblie upgrade/redevelopment difficult as any renewal upon the same footprint will reduce ground capacity.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: Dreadnought (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 10:17

Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
Dreadnought

This.

The infrastructure improvements are said to be self funding (ie the extra revenue that they are projected to generate will cover the cost and repayment of the loans taken to fund their creation) or funded via our majority shareholder (via loan or issue of shares). Must take up some of the board's time, especially the Chairman and CEO, but should any of them be involved in the day to day affairs of the playing squad?

This "self funding" financial approach will make the Crumblie upgrade/redevelopment difficult as any renewal upon the same footprint will reduce ground capacity.

Not aware of any future plans by the Club for a Crumblie up-grade / redevelopment because of the reason you quote ie any renewal upon the same footprint will reduce ground capacity.

Regarding the boards involvement in the day to day affairs of the playing squad I think none of us actually know but clearly given recent comments by Ex Tigers it would suggest that they are.

Posted by: GT1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 19:31

I've not heard of any plans either for the Crumblie although it badly needs doing & only fair as all supporters should have modern facilities!!
As far as numbers are concerned I believe a cantilever design over the lane at the back of the stand would keep the seat numbers roughly the same & allow for a terrace section! Lets hope it happens sooner rather than later before my knees go completely & make me sit down to watch!

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 19:51

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 20:01

Size of pitch will not change as I believe it was length that was the issue. What exactly does Mr Cohen think the empty seats will bring to the club?

Date: 06 December, 2018 20:01

Quote:
GT1

As far as numbers are concerned I believe a cantilever design over the lane at the back of the stand would keep the seat numbers roughly the same & allow for a terrace section! Lets hope it happens sooner rather than later before my knees go completely & make me sit down to watch!

Not sure that they'd be allowed to do that? Path is a public right of way that Tigers don't own. And site might be a bit tight for a double decker stand? Which is the obvious solution to increase numbers. Farmer & Carlisle might not too happy with the height though. Nothing planned any time soon though and with falling Season Ticket numbers, maybe more than 10 years away.

I'd get your seat sorted soonest!!

Date: 06 December, 2018 20:06

Mercury article a year old?

Poor changing rooms and facilities were one of the main reasons for no RWC games plus the cost of providing a "clean" stadium. Size of pitch was an issue too but so was ground capacity after the RWC organisers messed up with their revenue promises which relied upon a large number of games being played at Old Trafford which Man Utd wouldn't allow to happen.

Posted by: GT1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 22:43

I'll stand on the terrace for a few years longer & cue for the loo then Yorkie as I really don't want to sit on timber! This stand must cost a fortune to insure though being wooden & having upright stantions spoiling the view really is Victorian in design!

btw I can't really see any problem canter levering over the lane to create space like a sort of portico in Italy & have food outlets/bars etc underneath it on match days!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2018 22:48 by GT1.

Posted by: Johns (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 07:43

Some years ago the plan was to increase capacity to 30.000.

The two end stands were to have sloping roofs as the Nottingham stand has now.

The outline included the two corners at the end of the crumbie with seating.

With a cantilever over the black pad extra capacity would be available.

There need to be a huge improvement in our management to develop our squad plus encouraging more support to fill the stadium.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 08:10

Demolition and building on the Crumbie site is verging on the impossible due to the fact that one of the cities main power cables runs along the back of the stand, and there is no easy way to re-route it without a major re-laying, and a blackout for large parts of the city whilst it happens. it is possible, but very expensive to do before you even start work on any new stand.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 17:35

See I'm happy with Cohen & co. playing Lego, it's their attempts at rugby Subbuteo that get up my nose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net