Current Page: 1 of 2
Leaving
Posted by: blueamada (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 13:51

With our final Premiership game against Bath approaching it would be nice if the club could (in so far as possible) give an update on those who will no longer be playing for us next season.
Time to say goodbye and thanks.

Re: Leaving
Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 16:49

Well you won't be able to say goodbye or thanks to Toomua.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Posted by: Captain Darling (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 16:55

I agree it would be nice to get an official list from the club. Possible that some departures (in the props particularly) aren't confirmed yet though.

What we know so far.

Confirmed departing/departed/retiring/retired

Graham Kitchener (Worcester)
Mike Fitzgerald (Confirmed leaving by Geordie after Quins game but unknown where)
Mike Williams (Bath)
James Voss (Coventry)
Will Evans (Quins)
Matt Toomua (Rebels - already back in Oz)
Matt Smith (retiring)
Matt Tait (retired)

Injury dispensation signings

Campese Ma'afu
Leanardo Sarto
Clayton Blommetjies

To be confirmed

Owen Hills (Bristol/Gloucester rumours)
Ross McMillan
Brendan O'Connor (Japan)
Tino Mapapalangi (France)
Joe Ford
Gareth Owen (Falcons)
Charlie Thacker

Plus the possible retirements of Jimmy Stevens and Dave Denton due to concussion.

Posted by: blueamada (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 17:16

Quote:
Tiggs
Well you won't be able to say goodbye or thanks to Toomua.

appreciated , but some will leave with their heads up , having done a job and gave everything.Believe its those players that matter.

Posted by: Irishjojo2000 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 19:10

So we won't have Toomua for the last game?

Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 12 May, 2019 20:49

Quote:
Irishjojo2000
So we won't have Toomua for the last game?

[www.theaustralian.com.au]

Posted by: (JSF) (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 09:27

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 09:36

Let`s be honest Toomua , has been gone in spirit and attitude for months now , so no great loss, but it speaks volumes about morale in the camp.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 13:52

Toom was brilliant last season but nowhere near that standard this season and why should it have been, his heart was already in Aus. and I don't blame him, I wish him well.

Posted by: GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 May, 2019 22:42

I was originally a little peeved that he left early but having heard his family was targeted with the online abuse I cant really blame him. An unfortunate consequence of that is that will tarnish his opinion of the fans

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 09:32

Well if one clearly fake account effects you that much you aren't cut out for modern professional sport.

As unsavoury as that sounds its the truth.

Posted by: Lt Pigeon (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 10:19

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Gareth Owen is now a Falcon

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 11:31

Good luck Gareth, I saw fleeting glimpses of what you could do

Posted by: penguin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 11:38

A nice guy, but had no luck I wish him well..

Posted by: (JSF) (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 13:35

yes all the best Gareth

Date: 14 May, 2019 18:59

Depends what the threats were, SK. Any death threats and /or threats of violence must be investigated. As for wishing cancer on someone, should these people be allowed out on the streets?. Doubt if Toom would let that sort of thing affect his view of fans in general. It's good to see the club keeping up some standards and letting him go early.

Date: 14 May, 2019 21:16

Thanks

Date: 14 May, 2019 21:16

Thanks

Posted by: penguin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2019 23:27

Fitzgerald to Japan, club unknown and then back the NZ. Gives him chance to play in both in the same year thus maximise his last years earnings as a player.

I believe Fred is going as well which is a huge shame.

Date: 15 May, 2019 10:13

Sat next to Gareth at the World Cup dinner, real nice guy, shame he is going. Penguin is bang on the money re Fred, when I have seen him play he showed some real leadership qualities, can only assume he has been offered more, a better contract or both

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net