Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Damien Mackenzie to Tigers
Posted by: Huxley (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2017 11:51

Quote:
JO'G
currently the squad looks very good - we do need perhaps only a Tight head
however the two players we have available are not going to have representative call-ups so only need injury cover. I suspect the club have a couple of injury covers in mind but won't pull them in unless needed

I make that we have 3 quality tightheads in Chippi, Koch, and Longbottom, is one of them injured? For me, loosehead feels a little light in quality, while I love Baz, I don't think he offers enough around the park to dampen the loss of Mako. I'm told the coaches are really pushing him to carry the ball more though.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2017 12:25

I'd forgotten about Longbottom - but Mako is so good anyone else is always going to appear lightweight by comparison

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Posted by: Dolph42 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2017 12:33

Quote:
Huxley
I make that we have 3 quality tightheads in Chippi, Koch, and Longbottom, is one of them injured? For me, loosehead feels a little light in quality, while I love Baz, I don't think he offers enough around the park to dampen the loss of Mako. I'm told the coaches are really pushing him to carry the ball more though.

To be fair it's tough to compete with Mako who is the best LH in the NH. I think Thompson-Stringer will get a reasonable amount of game time this season (e.g. the periods when Mako is away) and on the TH side wouldn't be surprised to see Walker bench a few times. I'd still prefer another proper or two, especially as Baz, Chipi and Longbottom are returning from injuries (though all look fit now).

Posted by: Huxley (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2017 13:17

Agreed, that's why I said dampen, as we know how good Mako is. I'd like to see more of Hayden, I've been impressed with his destructive nature, especially against saints last season.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net