Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rhys Webb
Posted by: ultrasarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 21:18

To say ben has not fulfilled his talents is unfair. He has been extremely loyal to the club and has not received the game time he desired in return. I'm not sure we need to waste money on Webb when ben is good enough to start ( and is unlikely to be taken up by England ).

Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 09:51

Quote:
ultrasarrie
To say ben has not fulfilled his talents is unfair. He has been extremely loyal to the club and has not received the game time he desired in return. I'm not sure we need to waste money on Webb when ben is good enough to start ( and is unlikely to be taken up by England ).

+1
With a good run in the team Ben will become more consistent
I think he is more likely to start when Faz is playing ...I think MM likes to have One experienced Half back at all times!

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 11:51

I too trust the coaches. But, I had blind faith in Buck Shelford! Fnaar fnaar

630.67 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2016.

Posted by: David@Sarries (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 12:02

Quote:
TonyTaff
I too trust the coaches. But, I had blind faith in Buck Shelford! Fnaar fnaar

We all did Tony; the difference now is that this set of coaches have a track record of success.

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 12:06

I think trusting the coaches is a good strategy. I think back to the number of times we've released players who were very popular and highly rated by us monocular fans, only for them to be be OK but unspectacular players elsewhere. For example Andy Saull, Adam Powell, Noah Cato, Nick Auterac, Ben Ransom, and even Richard Haughton. The only exception, IMHO, was Dave Seymour, who played a central part in holding Sale together for a while

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 12:32

Seymour was always a difficult call, as Saull seemed just as good, but was 3/4 years younger. Unfortunately, Seymour had injuries which held him back

Six months on it looked a bad call and 2 years later a very bad one. Seymour I felt was similar to Jackson Wray, under-rated but effective

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Posted by: Harbinger (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 12:43

James Short - Exeter - 20 tries in 2 seasons?

Was surplus to requirements at the time but gone on to do well

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 12:44

It seems we are to get our wish to see a bit more of Ben. Named to start in Philly. Go Ben, have a good one. Not sure we will see him kick though!

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 12:48

Quote:
Harbinger

Especially when Ellery was the man he made way for

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 13:16

Quote:
Harbinger

Good point, well made. Maybe another exception. I still think the coaches' judgement is right more often than wrong.

Posted by: Essex-Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 13:24

I think Ben Spencer adds huge value in his pace and kicking ability, my reservation is around his decision making. Sometimes he goes for a snipe or quick ball when he needs to be cool and delay those extra seconds for us to regroup and set. But these are skills that you learn and come with time/experience, hope he stays and learns those qualities with us.

Taylor looks a real player as well btw. Bit greedy us having all these talented players...

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2017 11:25

Quote:
JO'G
Quote:
Harbinger

Especially when Ellery was the man he made way for

Technically correct in that he was the one who came in after he left; but it would seem wrong to infer that he was allowed to go so we could bring in ME.

He was quite high profile - our scorer in the 2011 final, and being talked of (at least on here ;-) ) as a potential England candidate. However, he left, it seemed at the time, when he couldn't get in the starting team because of Ash and Stretts.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Posted by: 4everhopePhil (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 21:02

It seems Rhys Webb has opted to join Ashy in Toulon:

bbc

Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:06

The easy (idle?) option for any agent or journalist is to say that Sarries are interested in any player who is coming out of contract. It's easy, because it's true. Every professional club coaching team is interested in who's available, where they might move, and whether they might be right for their own club. However, interest is not the same as wanting to sign every player who comes along.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Posted by: ninjafez (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:44

as you were, ben and henry will only get better, I see no Ryhs = more money getting Nate Nate to stay

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net