David Flatman
Posted by: The Big Conversation (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 13:26

Check out our chat with David Flatman:

[www.youtube.com]

Flats talks in depth about his career and a possible 'Love Island' appearance

Re: David Flatman
Posted by: StepOffloadTry (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 12:49

This is great, thanks. Have found Flatman to be very funny, witty and sharp with his dry and quick witted humour, so it's great to see some insight into his Rugby and general life.

Didn't realise there was a whole series of interviews like this with Rugby players. Will be checking it out. Thanks, The Big Conversation!

Posted by: Rubz (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 17:02

Isn't it amazing that StepOffloadTry has exactly the same number of posts as The Big Conversation. Almost like they're the same person...

Date: 09 October, 2017 01:50

Hahaha - wish I had the nouse and know how to create a YouTube channel with Rugby content. Alas not. Love how Rugby is getting more coverage and interest from more mediums now. Need to get Rugby coverage to how it is in Super Rugby and the NRL to perhaps get an even greater uptake from future generations...

Posted by: MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
Date: 10 October, 2017 15:59

Really good interview. Flats writes really well- he used to write for the independent I think.
He is right through, we were cr*p in those years, lost in the wilderness!

Date: 10 October, 2017 23:22

Insightful Will Fraser interview from The Big Conversation:
Could you please do a few more Sarries players please TBC? Thank you!

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 23:24 by StepOffloadTry.

Posted by: Pimpernel44 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 10:47

This character's contributions (in both guises) are beginning to smell of spam.

Posted by: MickyWiz (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 13:01

Mrs Wiz spoke to him at the Prem final this year and told him how good she thought his insights in commentary were and how much she enjoyed his input. Lovely man was embarrassed!

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 11 October, 2017 13:22

It's absolute spam to drive numbers, to hopefully monetise the audience. Let's call it for what it is - otherwise why spend the time posting across all boards.

Date: 11 October, 2017 19:29

To be fair, I do watch some of the other teams' social media interviews also - starting to get into the podcasts as well with big Dunc and Andy Goode and there's another good podcast with Ugo Monye - think it's just called the RugbyPodcast or something like that.

I have to admit, BTSport are doing a good job with increasing the fun and analytical aspects of the game...Still a way to go to get onto Super Rugby/NRL media levels - but we're getting there.

Btw - has anyone got any other Rugby podcast recommendations at all?

Date: 11 October, 2017 19:34

Quote:
Pimpernel44
This character's contributions (in both guises) are beginning to smell of spam.

Hahaha - I too get frustrated by spam - it has made us all cynical of anything positive these days...Alas, am genuinely just a fan of Rugby and a fan of the fun and skilfull side of the game - just love learning more about it (just when I think I know everything about the game)...

But I see where you're coming from. Just giving credit to things that promote the game well

Date: 11 October, 2017 19:39

Quote:
MickyWiz
Mrs Wiz spoke to him at the Prem final this year and told him how good she thought his insights in commentary were and how much she enjoyed his input. Lovely man was embarrassed!

Can honestly say Flatman is one of the main reasons I watch the Aviva Highlights with Durden-Smith...Their quips and witty responses are hilarious - they're so funny together - but Flatman's comedy is so sharp. So happy they were still doing the highlights after they were moved from itv4 to channel 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net