Koch off
Posted by: dirtybertie (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:48

Shame was hoping he would stick around

Vincent Koch departs

Re: Koch off
Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:12

Not good news.... be a great asset to Saracens.... need to replace him fast..

Totally understand his reasons for leaving and wish him the best of luck.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:28

Shame, he's been great for us, hoped he would stick around

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:31

Really disappointing for us, but in the year before a RWC you can hardly be surprised.

Posted by: mfc (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:40

Love this guy, but cannot begrudge him a crack a a World Cup. Hes certainly good enough

Posted by: Jugz (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:43

Potential replacements?

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 21:49

That is a massive blow. I wish him all the best but was hoping he'd be a Saracens for a long time. Time for the talent scouts to earn their corn.

Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:40

Strange how it changes!
Was chatting to him & michael rhodes at an SSA event last season & I asked him about Boks & he said he wasnt too bothered!!
Oh well......good player,shame hes leaving

European champions 2016 & 2017

Posted by: RustySword (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:45

"Good" doesn't begin to describe him. I just hope he's as phenomenal at Lansdowne Road this season as he was last season.

Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 23:01

If I were the SA powers, I'd attract him back too. SA rugby is in a pretty poor place right now, and to get back some of their top talent in time to re-integrate before RWC must be essential to any hopes of a decent showing. Another Japan on world rugby's biggest stage would be disastrous.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:44

Fantastic player. Disappointed he's off.
We'll need to recruit well to replace him.

Posted by: Neville (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:56

I quite understand his desire to play for his country and in a world cup too. Hope he returns one day after the WC! Hes a wonderful player.

If you look at the list of potential Springboks playing abroad, and compare those names to the current SA squad id do what Erasmus has done too.

Good luck VC and come back soon.

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:16

If potential boks are being lured back, it might be time to offer Michael Rhodes a lucrative new contract

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:20

Quote:
Neville
I quite understand his desire to play for his country and in a world cup too. Hope he returns one day after the WC! Hes a wonderful player.
If you look at the list of potential Springboks playing abroad, and compare those names to the current SA squad id do what Erasmus has done too.

+1

He should get to 30 caps by the end of the World Cup. He can then rejoin. Northampton seem to ruin every tighthead that they sign, perhaps we could rejuvenate Hill or Brookes!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:20

Quote:
Neville

+1

He should get to 30 caps by the end of the World Cup. He can then rejoin. Northampton seem to ruin every tighthead that they sign, perhaps we could rejuvenate Hill or Brookes!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 12:18

some of the French sides might lose half their players

Park team from London
Just a park team from London
European Champions
Just European champions

Posted by: Huxley (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 13:22

I might be reading this wrong, but I can't see anywhere official that this is confirmed as a done deal? The press reports I've seen have all said the Vincent is contracted till 2019 and Erasmus wants to negotiate his release, with the bulls keen to sign him. In other articles it also says that he only contacted Koch on Friday to discuss the idea.

Now I'm sure we would let him go if doesn't want to be a part of the team, but I can't see anywhere that says he wants to, or that we're willing to let him go, yet.

Posted by: london pride (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 13:57

Absolutly no mention of this in The Rugby Paper by Neil Fissler, so true to form, it may well be true.(Sm161)

Posted by: CT (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:01

Pretty sure this was first reported in his column in December.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:21

Well he's just got a new car according to Schalla ...but can't drive it!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DV6yA9nWkAAT71g.jpg

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net