Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Chris Ashton
Posted by: Dave Berko (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2018 07:09

Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
Convex Hull
I would miss your contribution, BarnetSarrie. I surmise that quite a few others would, too.

+1

+2

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2018 07:49

Me too!

Posted by: LutonS (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2018 07:54

Quote:
Dave Berko
Quote:
1876-Fez
Quote:
Convex Hull
I would miss your contribution, BarnetSarrie. I surmise that quite a few others would, too.

+1

+2

+3

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2018 09:02

and +4.

BarnetSarrie, sorry if my message has caused issues but the old moderator (ex) in me comes out every so often in being careful about the use of the word allegedly ;-) I'm not going to reply to each and every one of your points, serves no purpose for anyone.

As I said, it's all about opinions on these boards and no doubt (as you can from the support above) people enjoy reading yours. Hopefully we're all allowed to disagree, question and have free debate though!

Have a good day tomorrow, no doubt you'll be there and it will be a wonderful trip to Twickenham - take the sun cream though, the weather looks a bit warm...

Posted by: BarnetSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2018 14:07

Ok - I'm not one to sit and sulk! I remember your more active moderator days! Always very fair and reasoned! Thank you everyone - I would miss you all, and actually quite of few of our fellow supporters on other boards who are kind enough to message me sometimes!

Just one thing to say - I am very careful about what I post. I will always explain as fully as I can, but I will never betray a confidence or write things that might cause someone else a problem. If I can explain the reasoning behind something or put something straight by putting people on here in touch with someone who can help, I will always try my best to do so. It just isn't always possible (as some of you will know from recent events despite my best efforts!). That might sometimes sound like me making prounouncements and it isn't meant to. And yes - disagreements are not only allowed but welcome - you cant learn anything if you don't listen and mull over to other people's opinions after all!

So yes Rupes - let's all enjoy watching Schalla and Wylesy in Sarries kit on the field to delight us all for the last time (Sm10)and give them a 'throat bleeding cheer' - and let's wish Nathan only good things with Gussy at Quins - just because they are somewhere else, doesn't mean we suddenly don't like them! - and brave Matt a healthy and happy retirement, even though it is far too soon.

One thing that won't surprise anyone that knows me 'beyond the messageboard' - I will, definitely be crying by the end of the game. Either from happiness, disappointment, or simply because I am absolutely terrible about saying goodbye to anyone! So if you see me blubbing - you have my absolute permission to laugh!

Plus ca change and all that ..... (not)
BS

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2018 14:25

Ashy's declining the Saxons place was a PR disaster for him. No-one stated, real time, that he wanted to be with Meliisa during the birth.

The gutter press jumped to the conclusion that it was a snub.

24 tries in One season, without even getting to the final! That's some achievement.

It must be hell living on the Cote D'Azur. No pies and the weather is appalling winking smiley

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: Sarriesvet (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 15:10

20 minutes played and it's two tries for Ashy!

Posted by: Sarriesvet (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 15:18

Third try inside 30 minutes!

Posted by: Adey (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 15:31

I imagine Barnetsarrie is starting one of those pointless online petitions with a video montage of Ashy’s first half right about now.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 15:32

Quote:
Adey
I imagine Barnetsarrie is starting one of those pointless online petitions with a video montage of Ashy’s first half right about now.

Why even type that.....

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 16:12

Quote:
Adey

No online petition needed - class speaks for itself!
The best Englishman on the field isn't wearing white!

Posted by: WiganSaler (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 17:41

We all know Chris Ashton's face doesn't fit at HQ but it's just been announced he has been Baaaaaaad from Twickers forever (Sm100)

--------------------------------------------------
Wigan "Home for the Bewildered"

Fully paid up member of the LSSSSC.
"Long Suffering Sale Sharks Supporters Club"

Posted by: Steve Robo (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2018 20:15

Best two fingered salute to Eddie Jones ever

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 29 May, 2018 11:30

I have just watched the Toulon Top14 semifinal.

Ash had a nightmare first-half, butchering two excellent attacks. If Toulon had won, he wouldn't have been at HQ!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 23:19

Rumours are he wants to head home

[www.rugbypass.com]

Posted by: Seany_Boy0511 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 07:07

He wants to get back in favour with England, Ashton is always welcome here! I'd have him a back in a heartbeat, I know we have class wingers etc but he has proven he can also cover full back!

Posted by: Waldo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 07:53

Quote:
Seany_Boy0511
He wants to get back in favour with England, Ashton is always welcome here! I'd have him a back in a heartbeat, I know we have class wingers etc but he has proven he can also cover full back!

The thing is I don't think we would have room for him with Sanjay,Dunc,Stretts,Lewington,Maitland,Obatoyinbo,Segun

Posted by: Jim 55 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 09:50

Quote:
Waldo
Quote:
Seany_Boy0511

The thing is I don't think we would have room for him with Sanjay,Dunc,Stretts,Lewington,Maitland,Obatoyinbo,Segun

As a club you move on, reinvent yourselves and I think we did that last year.
With Lewington arriving next season we should have a richness of talent on the wings, so I'm with Waldo - no space available.

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 10:08

No space available for the top European Cup try scorer and a guy who has just scored 23 tries in a season in France?!

Ashy would be straight back into our gun XV for me. Get him back!

Posted by: TimH (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 10:21

Agree with Waldo. Pains me to say, but Lewington is a preferable investment at this stage.

Maitland is also one of our most underrated players IMHO and that's before you add Liam and Stretts to the mix.

And Segun is also an exciting prospect.

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net