Current Page: 1 of 4
UNSOLD PLATINUM SEATS
Posted by: Paulr58 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 16:58

Having moved from E4 to E3 like many other people around me, it seems all of our old seats have remained unsold which is no big surprise. I have also looked at blocks E5 and E6 and its the same in those two centre blocks as well. The majority of the old gold seats remain unsold. Its such a shame the heart of the East stand has been ripped out and the supporters either forced to move else where or give up their long held season tickets. Lets hope the club has a rethink on the outrageous price hikes. If these tickets remain unsold all the atmosphere the club has worked so hard to build over the years will be gone.
Where is the so called demand for these seats which the club used to justify the price rise. They have badly underestimated the loyal supporters.

Re: UNSOLD PLATINUM SEATS
Posted by: Waldo (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 17:34

In my old block lower E4 - in the old "black seats" which had very few "spare " previously there are currently 87 of 128 free !

Either it's early days or they are hoping to fill them on match days - but that is very poor .

if they don't it will look very odd on the TV with big blocks of seats empty !

Posted by: Squawker2 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 17:50

Inaccurate demand statements yes, but thereís still a long time left for seats to sell

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 18:44

I hope for the clubs sake they haven't made a monumental mistake. An ocean of green in the East stand right now including my seat.

Posted by: Tonk (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 19:10

I presume if they remain unsold they will be sold as day tickets , along with every other seat not sold to season ticket holders . Us mere mortals can make some noise too you know .... not that I can personally afford to sit in platinum seats

Posted by: london pride (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 20:42

Quote:
Squawker2
Inaccurate demand statements yes, but thereís still a long time left for seats to sell

That is quite true, but this time last year,all 128 seats were sold, albeit at last season's price.

Posted by: Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2018 08:42

I would be surprised if they sell those tickets to season ticket holders unless they were corporate tickets. Corporate clients want good seats so they can impress potential / current customers.

If I were them I wouldn't sell them as season tickets. I would sell them to well heeled casual supporters / corporate on a match by match basis. £85 to £120 a pop for the best seats. And they will probably sell most of them on match days given the scarcity now...

Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2018 15:40

Iím not sure how much scarcity there really is?
The semi versus wasps had quite a few empty seats in east stand & thats with about 1500 opposition fans in ground!!
If they are keeping for corporate then the club are taking a risk for our less attractive fixtures
I think maybe they didnr expect as many people to relocate

European champions 2016 & 2017

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2018 16:18

My experience of Corporate Hospitality is that many recipients don't even take up their seats in the stand, let alone support the team in any meaningful manner.

I went to an evening game at the Stoop. As some guests were late, the food was delayed; I pointed out that the match was likely to start before we had finished eating and that those of us already present should be served.

The 'Special Guest' in our box ruled that we should wait I managed my starter before kick-off, watched the first half on my own, and got some dregs of desert at half-time.

The 'Special Guest', provided by Quins, was Tony Diprose. Perhaps, Frankie Peanuts was right to punch his lights out!

£676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2018 19:34

Quote:
TonyTaff
My experience of Corporate Hospitality is that many recipients don't even take up their seats in the stand, let alone support the team in any meaningful manner.
I went to an evening game at the Stoop. As some guests were late, the food was delayed; I pointed out that the match was likely to start before we had finished eating and that those of us already present should be served.

The 'Special Guest' in our box ruled that we should wait I managed my starter before kick-off, watched the first half on my own, and got some dregs of desert at half-time.

The 'Special Guest', provided by Quins, was Tony Diprose. Perhaps, Frankie Peanuts was right to punch his lights out!

I remember going to Queens Club with Paypal for the tennis. Andy Murray was playing - it was one set all and tea was being served. Almost all the other guests decamped to eat it and drink the champagne with it. When i finally arrived after Murray had lost in 3; the food was gone, most of the drink, drunk.

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2018 20:59

It certainly looks like the gentrification/ethnic cleansing has created an enormous amount of the capacity in the East Stand. I really don't see how they are going to take in more money simply by relying on matchday sales for these seats.
I'm sure I'm not alone in now actually spending less because we have moved to the south stand, which begs the question of where are the schools/clubs going to sit?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 09:12

Quote:
TonyTaff

Necessary evil unfortunately - all the teams bar one are still making a loss even with the corporate cash cow. The reason by Exe are profitable is because they have dialled the corporate thing to 11 and have reaped the financial benefits. As a fan of rugby I just try to stay away from it at our ground, safe in the knowledge that the are offsetting some of our losses for the season...

Posted by: daz_71 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 09:13

I think the entire scarcity argument will fall down. I really don't think there's a long list of people waiting to come to games. As mentioned corporate hospitality will undoubtedly use some of these tickets but as mentioned realistically most of them arent interested in the team or the game. As for "match-day walk-ups" I think on nice mild autumn and spring days they will come but in deepest, darkest winter again I doubt they will be there.

Rightly or wrongly I hope the ticketing decision turns out to be one of the biggest cluster f*cks the club has made. They have taken the loyal season ticket holders for granted and actually deserve a little bit of payback.

I know my opinion won't be welcomed by all on here (and I have renewed by Gold ticket that has been silver in all previous years at AP) but that is the way I and I believe a lot of other supporters feel. In terms of the team they have my unswerving loyalty. For the board and those responsible for ticketing strategy I don't give 2 hoots for and I hope this comes back and bites them hard. Unfortunately the damage has been done.

Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 10:03

Agree with pretty much all daz said!
I wonder if the PR dept had got their a**e in gear how avoidable some if this might be?
You can be brutal & say its business but that business needs its regular bread & butter customers
I do hope Saracens crowds do not become similar to those attending HQ for England games as 50/60% arent interested in match at all

European champions 2016 & 2017

Posted by: Paulr58 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 11:57

Think you are right Daz. It seems the club have completely misjudged the situation. I cant see many walk ups on the day willing to pay over £70 for a ticket in the temporary black seats in the East stand in which if raining you will still get wet, and no cheaper seats will be left for them as they will be taken up by displaced season ticket holders. All the hard work over the last few years to sell out most weeks will be lost if nothing is done and the club will lose more money. I hope I am wrong for the clubs sake and they do sell all the tickets but I doubt it.

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 11:58

Having done a bit of reading around this, it's interesting to note how the ticketing is done at Saracens. They basically split the CEO role when Heath left, so the ticketing/marketing/commercial etc...side of the business now seems to be run by a company called Premier Team Promotions. Whose chairperson is Lucy Wray.

The link to the release from the club is here (back from March).

It does make me wonder how this cannot be a conflict of interest. If the ticketing / commercial etc...side isn't running as it should, then the club should have full right to renegotiate contracts and the like. No doubt that's the case.

Just to edit - I'm not having a dig at person X or Y, I just wonder if that's a healthy situation for the club to be in as it would naturally require some very careful management.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 12:00 by Rupes.

Posted by: Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 13:25

Guys, the club don't care about what you or I think. My betting is that once they have created the space in the East stand they will promote the corporate market for tickets and sell out most games.

Think about HQ in the AI's and 6N's. How many of those tickets go to week in week out rugby fans and how many go to corporate events / occasional fans.

We are the English Champions and have been back to back European champion and we are based in London.

To back up my point look at the Tulip club which I believe was specifically set up to chase the financial types and has been a great success. The club will use the East Stand tickets probably to expand this activity.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 13:59

Rupes

I was under the impression that Lucy (and her husband) would effectively be running the club in 10 years time, with a few handouts from dad

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 15:31

Quote:
JO'G
I was under the impression that Lucy (and her husband) would effectively be running the club in 10 years time

That would be Tom Mercey ex Northampton Saints? Take-over by stealth (Sm115)

Posted by: Adey (IP Logged)
Date: 06 June, 2018 16:42

Quote:
SarrieSaint
Quote:
JO'G
I was under the impression that Lucy (and her husband) would effectively be running the club in 10 years time

That would be Tom Mercey ex Northampton Saints? Take-over by stealth (Sm115)

Heís just come back home!

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net