Current Page: 1 of 3
England Team for SA - now up
Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2018 16:52

Only George, Kruis, Itoje and Faz retained. All the rest including Loz released.

So, does that mean that as Loz won't be playing for England now and as EPCR in their wisdom have said he doesn't play for us in the PRC either....his ban gets extended by a further week? Watch this space (Sm22)

England squad retained....

Forwards: Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby), Jamie George (Saracens), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints) co-captain, Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs), Maro Itoje (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Zach Mercer (Bath Rugby), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Elliott Stooke (Bath Rugby), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)

Backs: Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens) co-captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te'o (Worcester Warriors), Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers).

P.S in case you didn't spot it....Brown is out and Ashton is in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 11:28 by GazzaFez.

Re: England squad for SA
Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2018 17:18

I rate Rhodes with the squad... He is the player you don't want to play against and he is a nuisance all over the park to the opposition.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 30 October, 2018 17:31

Big Jim on the Rugby Pod last night said he had an inside source...

Moon Hartley Sinckler
Ewels Kruis
Curry Morgan Itoje

Youngs Faz Slade Tuilagi

May Ashton

Daly

Well OBVIOUSLY wrong with Morgan but a possible team....

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Date: 30 October, 2018 17:33

I think Nowell will start with Ashton on the bench.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 09:09

pointless having Ashdon on the bench - either he starts or not at all

Nowell however is a much better bench option - covers 13,11,14,15 and would inject some pace and wriggle with 20 to go

Posted by: Waldo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 10:07

I think it probably prudent for Mike Rhodes not to have his England debut against SA.

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 10:11

On a related note. How likely do we think it is that the RFU might approach McCall and how interested do we think he might be? Obviously the re-signings of the majority of our coaching staff and in particular his words about Sanderson suggest there is a progression system in place. Do we think that he would have any interest in a role outside Saracens or Ireland in the near future? (post RWC)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2018 10:12 by SarrieSaint.

Posted by: Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 12:48

I think its very likely the RFU road crash will approach Mark. However, who in their right mind would get involved with that lot at HQ? Nobody succeeds in that job. It's a destroyer of reputations. Why put everything you have achieved at risk?

They should approach Mr Baxter at Exeter for the poisoned chalice.

Posted by: Waldo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 14:50

I don't think Smally would actively show interest an International role - I think it's possibly too public for him. I don't think he likes the attention too much. Alex Sanderson does much of the "public" face of the squad rather than him .

Never say never though .

Date: 31 October, 2018 15:58

Quote:
JO'G
pointless having Ashdon on the bench - either he starts or not at all
Nowell however is a much better bench option - covers 13,11,14,15 and would inject some pace and wriggle with 20 to go

You would say that. I would counter by saying that Ashton is as much a fullback as Mike Brown is a winger........hang on a minute. As it happens he spent the majority of last season playing fullback for Toulon and by all acounts was pretty sucessful at it...top try scorer in the Top14 no less. Nevertheless not an option I would pursue for England.

BTW the word is Zach Mercer will start at number 8.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2018 18:24 by GazzaFez.

Posted by: GerryK (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 17:15

Would have thought that Smally is more likely to replace Schmidt for Ireland if he wishes to step up for an international role

Posted by: Kevetty (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 18:30

EG has at last had the balls to drop Brown from the squad. Surprised that Shields is in at the expense of Rhodes, though not unduly unhappy as I sure he would be a target for SA!

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 19:02

I think Jones is desperate to get Shields in the team as England are devoid of effective leaders and he sees Shields as a future captain.

I would have Rhodes in at 6 over Shields atm as haven't seen too much from the latter to know what all the fuss is about so far.

Posted by: Convex Hull (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 21:54

Quote:
GerryK
Would have thought that Smally is more likely to replace Schmidt for Ireland if he wishes to step up for an international role

I seem to recall a lot of unpleasantness from McCall's time as a coach in Northern Ireland which was, certainly at one time, likely to make him unlikely to go down that route.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Date: 01 November, 2018 11:14

England team is up. Faz starts at 10. Manu is on the bench. No place for Ashton. Far too little experience in this team IMHO. Whole thing looks a bit make shift. It would be a big surprise to me if England win this in all honesty.

England: Elliot Daly; Jack Nowell, Henry Slade, Ben Te'o, Jonny May; Owen Farrell (co-captain), Ben Youngs; Alec Hepburn, Dylan Hartley (co-captain), Kyle Sinckler, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Brad Shields, Tom Curry, Mark Wilson.

Replacements: Jamie George, Ben Moon, Harry Williams, Charlie Ewels, Zach Mercer, Danny Care, George Ford, Manu Tuilagi.

Re: England Team for SA - now up
Posted by: Harbinger (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 12:09

Ben Teo...

Played 30 minutes so far this season

But dont forget EJ is picking on 'form'.... It must have been a good 30 mins!!

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 14:12

Do what happens if a back 3 player gets injured?

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 15:00

Quote:
The Bard
Do what happens if a back 3 player gets injured?

Ford to fullback. The Boks would never think of kicking to him (Sm22)

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 16:06

Dopey admin can't work out which forward has missed out. Please help the elderly!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 16:07

Boks
South Africa: Damian Willemse; Sbu Nkosi, Jesse Kriel, Damian de Allende, Aphiwe Dyantyi; Handre Pollard, Ivan van Zyl; Steven Kitshoff, Malcolm Marx, Frans Malherbe, Eben Etzebeth, Pieter-Steph du Toit, Siya Kolisi (captain), Duane Vermeulen, Warren Whiteley.

Replacements: Bongi Mbonambi, Thomas du Toit, Wilco Louw, RG Snyman, Lood de Jager, Embrose Papier, Elton Jantjies, Andre Esterhuizen.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net