Current Page: 1 of 5
Supporters Forum
Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 10:49

Announced by the club on all platforms. Perhaps the rumblings that we aren't being listened to properly are being listened to?

Many positions on offer to represent different facets of the club, would assume a number of people on this board are worthy of a nomination

New forum group
Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 10:48

Saracens have announced on fb a new forum to include supporters from all groups to discuss issues with club bigwigs!!
Representatives from East West North & South stands plus SSA & SOT representative & ladies rep to be selected
Meetings to be held quarterly on mornings of home matches

European champions 2016 & 2017

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2018 10:53 by Highbury Saracen.

Re: New forum group
Date: 31 October, 2018 10:59

My apologies for duplication HS...

Date: 31 October, 2018 12:24

No worries Barty
This could be quite good....I believe Tigers have something similar in place

Sorry meant to say that the merge fairy has been at work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2018 08:27 by sutton_sarrie.

Date: 31 October, 2018 12:28

Definitely. Think some of us feel quite disconnected from the club at the minute so good to see something happening - real proof will be if any action is taken by saracens big-wigs based on feedback from the forum over the next months/years, or if it just becomes another platform for airing grievances to a deaf ear.

Hoping for the former. Must admit I'm contemplating sticking my hand up for a go.

Re: Supporters Forum
Posted by: BigBri (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 12:38

Too little too late for me. Never replied to two emails around the time of the season ticket rise and have no connection to the club apart from my friends and watching the team.

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Posted by: CB1959 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 13:19

Quote:
BigBri
Too little too late for me. Never replied to two emails around the time of the season ticket rise and have no connection to the club apart from my friends and watching the team.

Same as me Bri, the only difference mine being in the ED G era.

Date: 31 October, 2018 13:57

I have filled out application in hope that the same disconnect should not occur again smiling smiley

Posted by: BigBri (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 15:29

Quote:
Highbury Saracen
I have filled out application in hope that the same disconnect should not occur again smiling smiley

Are you still in East stand HS? Happy for you to voice our concerns but fear that the horse has bolted around season ticket prices and everyone around us has left or moved. Atmosphere is muted at best in E4 no matter how much noise the remaining 10 or so Fez voices make.

Guess the chat will be about atmosphere, music, after match entertainment and hopefully the improvement in the beer quality.

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Date: 31 October, 2018 16:42

Quote:
BigBri
Quote:
Highbury Saracen

Are you still in East stand HS? Happy for you to voice our concerns but fear that the horse has bolted around season ticket prices and everyone around us has left or moved. Atmosphere is muted at best in E4 no matter how much noise the remaining 10 or so Fez voices make.

Guess the chat will be about atmosphere, music, after match entertainment and hopefully the improvement in the beer quality.

Yes Bri I moved from E8 up other end to E1
Not sure how involved it will get but I agree it is ‘shutting stable door’ hopefully I can get a few votes & voice some of the fezboys & older supporters concerns smiling smiley

Posted by: Kevetty (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 18:26

Go for it Tim!

Posted by: Steve Robo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 19:28

Damage has been done. Everything has been voiced already and ignored, so can't be bothered.

Posted by: GerryK (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 19:35

Perhaps we should introduce on-line hustings, so that those interested can put their best foot forward, before a vote. On reflection perhaps not, as one requires several nominees for that to be practical and what is the likelihood of that.

Posted by: Squawker2 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 20:05

Certainly possible to get a few, though whether they turn out to actually be competing is an interesting bit.

Also worth some thought into whether each platform should do its discussion itself or whether some cross-talking is possible: there's such a (good!) high degree of a cross-pollination it might avoid the chance of people having the same discussion multiple times

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Posted by: BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
Date: 31 October, 2018 21:07

Quote:
Highbury Saracen
No worries Barty
This could be quite good....I believe Tigers have something similar in place

Why would Tigers want to meet to discuss Saracens (Sm22)

Posted by: Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 07:03

I am deeply suspicious of this move by the club.

As the SSA has now over 700 members,it could be said to represent a substantial number of the home audience especially as there is growth in the membership every year.

The way in which we were all dealt with last season and the “take it or go forth” message plus the infamous email rubbishing loyalty, put us all in our place.

Much as we choose to support the club, it is not ours.

We were told in effect that as long as there were 10,000 in the ground putting money in, as individuals we were irrelevant and replaceable.

By setting up this forum the club can choose to ignore the 750+ Voices of the SSA by giving them just one in a large pool. Whilst saying that they have opened up a broad spectrum in a talk shop which is likely to be a meaningless sham; classic divide and rule.

It is an old saying but often true.

“Just because I am paranoid does not mean that they are out to get me”

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 07:58

This kind of forum was something I mentioned in a PM to one of our fellow pain-bearers this summer, so I should be happy to see it formed. However, I too am deeply suspicious for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, if the club were truly willing to listen and act on the mood of the fans they would've acknowledged their recent cock-up more openly, rather than the implied admission with this move.

Secondly, I am told (but don't know for sure, that the management did consult with the SSA prior to the summer's debacle. If that is truly the case then either the SSA do not represent the whole Saracens supporters family or, much more likely, the management simply ignored them.

I would gladly support true representatives in this kind of council, but it wouldn't surprise me if the "elected" reps all turned out to be newbies that can afford the new outrageous prices, rather than Fezboys or other, longer standing and long suffering supporters.

Date: 01 November, 2018 08:06

Quote:
Old Curmudgeon
I am deeply suspicious of this move by the club.
As the SSA has now over 700 members,it could be said to represent a substantial number of the home audience especially as there is growth in the membership every year.

The way in which we were all dealt with last season and the “take it or go forth” message plus the infamous email rubbishing loyalty, put us all in our place.

Much as we choose to support the club, it is not ours.

We were told in effect that as long as there were 10,000 in the ground putting money in, as individuals we were irrelevant and replaceable.

By setting up this forum the club can choose to ignore the 750+ Voices of the SSA by giving them just one in a large pool. Whilst saying that they have opened up a broad spectrum in a talk shop which is likely to be a meaningless sham; classic divide and rule.

It is an old saying but often true.

“Just because I am paranoid does not mean that they are out to get me”

According to the Fish, forum members will be voted for by all us fans. Would hope that it doesn't necessarily mean there's only one member of the SSA involved, but the structure means there is guaranteed to be AT LEAST one. I may well put my name forward as a south stand season ticket holder, or tenuously representing "the youths of today". Also an SSA member, although admittedly not a particularly active one.

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 08:55

Interesting - as a non-season ticket holder and not falling into any of the other categories, not sure how I can get elected! May ask the club.

Also; that's 18 people, plus club representatives, so I estimate that meeting will have about 20/21 people, possibly more. That's a lot of people in a room to actually take a decision and move forward, in my business view. Will be fascinated to see what comes out of this in terms of action, rather than the club saying "this is what we're doing, we told the forum".

Posted by: Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 09:04

I would be interested what role the SSA played in this summers debacle on season tickets. Were they really consulted? If so what did they tell the club?

Just interested to know.

I think one seat is enough for them given they have 700 members. It equates to about 1 block of a stand at AZP so its about right.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net