Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Supporters Forum
Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 14:33

Quote:
Jim 55
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Brighty, You will learn that its's the hope that crushes you the most....

I do wonder where the more optimistic voices sit in AzP I have this nagging feeling they do not reside amongst those who have been royally shafted. IMHO of course, happy to be wrong.

I'm in the south stand Jim. Couldn't afford the shafted seats even before the prices went up. Apologies for my optimism but surely this is worth giving a go?

Posted by: Gryff (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 14:54

I think I count as optimistic and was royally done over as I sit in E5

Posted by: Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 15:00

Quote:
Jim 55
Quote:
Wayoutwest
Brighty, You will learn that its's the hope that crushes you the most....

I do wonder where the more optimistic voices sit in AzP I have this nagging feeling they do not reside amongst those who have been royally shafted. IMHO of course, happy to be wrong.

Jim where we choose to sit in the ground is an individuals choice and you pay what you feel you can afford to watch what you have a passion for. Sometimes away from home this means not always sitting with the larger vocal groups of fans because clubs have cheaper tickets not opted for.
This is the same at home if you choose to sit in the "prime" blocks and the club chooses to increase prices there are still options to move down the categories. For me in the north stand if they put our tickets up 50 or 60% that really would be trying to kick us out the club as there is no where cheaper.
People always have options and a lot of people moaned before looking at them this year and only took the negative over the positive and im not backing the clubs way of doing things because they messed up but take the opportunity to help them not make it again.

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 15:57

Quote:
Brighty_Fez
....if you choose to sit in the "prime" blocks and the club chooses to increase prices there are still options to move down the categories.

Hmmm. As one of those who was "right royally shafted" that's not a statement that would win my vote for the East Stand representative. The options available were very limited, all much worse deals that the our seats on the old terms, and the club's senior management did absolutely zip to make any transition smooth and equitable. Many supporters were left in competition with each other to find the best alternative, and the ticket office were left to sort out the mess and deal with the severe frustration expressed by those supporters.

Posted by: GerryK (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 17:18

As I indicated in an earlier message, no one was happy at the way in which the whole issue was handled,or the level of price increase foisted upon us. However it is good to see that one or two others agree with my contention that in order to ensure Supporters are part of the process rather than sitting on the sidelines and moan.

Let us take advantage of the opportunity offered us

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 18:14

To some extent I agree with you Gerry, it's worth a go, but I have very little confidence that the new forum will have any significant effect. Why? Because any business manager worth his salt doesn't need telling about the value to the business of brand loyalty, so either the current management are not "worth their salt" and won't see the harm in pi$$ing off loyal, but maybe less well heeled fans, or if they do, they simply don't care.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 19:02

Quote:
GerryK
As I indicated in an earlier message, no one was happy at the way in which the whole issue was handled,or the level of price increase foisted upon us. However it is good to see that one or two others agree with my contention that in order to ensure Supporters are part of the process rather than sitting on the sidelines and moan.
Let us take advantage of the opportunity offered us

+1

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: Duncan96 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 08:31

I think most are agreed they can see that Saracens needed to increase revenues because the losses were so high, but that the way it was done and communicated was incompetent.

But, we all make mistakes, and this on the surface seems to be an attempt not to make the same mistakes again.

Itís success depends on 2 things:

1. A willingness by the club to take it seriously. If it works well it will be a useful tool for them to avoid similar mistakes in the future.

2. The quality of the members. It will take work by delegates to garner opinions (and a communication tool via the fish or some other means will be needed). It will also take good judgement to decide in such a large forum as to what to concentrate on which means not prioritising some opinions.

Itíll only work if everyone tries to make it work and there doesnít seem a good reason not to try.

Posted by: BigBri (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 13:46

Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Quote:
LutonS
One question, how are the majority of us supposed to know who to vote for in the event of multiple candidates, as seems to be the case in the East?

Youíll will get an email from club with candidates profile picture & a bit about them I believe
For future reference I have my fez on in my pic!!! smiling smiley

A fez wearer will get my vote every time (Sm109)

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Date: 06 November, 2018 07:52

Quote:
BigBri
Quote:
Highbury Saracen
Quote:
LutonS
One question, how are the majority of us supposed to know who to vote for in the event of multiple candidates, as seems to be the case in the East?

Youíll will get an email from club with candidates profile picture & a bit about them I believe
For future reference I have my fez on in my pic!!! smiling smiley

A fez wearer will get my vote every time (Sm109)

I had to ditch my fez photo - thought that clearly being several pints deep didn't quite give off the right impression!

Posted by: Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
Date: 06 November, 2018 08:54

Barty.....you need to practise more!

European champions 2016 & 2017

Date: 06 November, 2018 09:16

Think that's half the problem, having too much practice!

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 11:30

Having re-read the piece about this on the Fish, I note with interest the caveat at the end - "The Supportersí Forum does not exist to discuss on pitch performance, player welfare or transfer news."

Transfer news I understand. But that does mean the question "the on pitch performance is poor, not justifying the high season ticket prices" cannot be asked. (Sm156)

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 18:57

The first part of that is an assumption or fact, not an item for discussion, which is the second part.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 12 November, 2018 21:57

Whoever gets those dratted drummers removed will get my vote.

Date: 13 November, 2018 10:19

I am sure there will be limitations with regards to this forums powers
There are lots of things that can be improved both pre match & post match!
I think a marquee area like at Exeter would be a better alternative to the souless olympic bar & a variation on entertainment not 3/4 weeks of drumming!

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 10:21

Perhaps a different percussion instrument every home match? Drums are old hat, next week it's the triangle (I hear Waldo's a great triangle player), then the glockenspiel and so on...

Date: 13 November, 2018 10:58

I would look forward to waldo entertaining the masses! smiling smiley

Posted by: BigBri (IP Logged)
Date: 13 November, 2018 12:36

I've got a kazoo if that helps ? (Sm163)

Burning the Boards London Style

[images.google.co.uk]

Date: 13 November, 2018 12:52

If I end up with a spot on the forum my first action will be to canvass for the Unofficial Forum Band.

Bri, if you can do a kazoo solo while the rest of us wave a tambourine about, then we're away. We'll peak with a full Oompah band for what is hopefully a home Premiership semi final?

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net