Current Page: 1 of 2
S'up for Sale
Posted by: sutton_sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 11:45

Calum Clark will captain Saracens in Round 2 of the Premiership Rugby Cup against Sale Sharks.

The 29-year-old continues at six with Sean Reffell and Ben Earl coming into the back row as two of five changes to the team that defeated Leicester Tigers last weekend.

Cornish Pirates loanee Christian Judge comes in for his first Sarries start while Henry Taylor is in at nine.

Alex Lewington returns on the wing.
Saracens team to face Sale Sharks on Friday 2nd November at the AJ Bell Stadium (KO 20H00):

FORWARDS: Hayden Thompson-Stringer (27), Tom Woolstencroft (1), Christian Judge (3), Dom Day (15), Joel Kpoku (1), Calum Clark (19), Sean Reffell (4), Ben Earl (20).

BACKS: Matt Gallagher (19), Ali Crossdale (3), Marcelo Bosch (123), Dom Morris (6), Alex Lewington (7), Max Malins (16), Henry Taylor (10).

REPLACEMENTS: Joe Gray (1), Richard Barrington (143), Vincent Koch (44), Jack Nay (7), Andy Christie (0), Tom Whiteley (15), Reuben Bird-Tulloch (0), Elliott Obatoyinbo (1).

Re: S'up for Sale
Date: 01 November, 2018 11:59

Surprised to see Barrington and Koch on the bench - shows how light we now are in the front row with Titi away with the USA.

Anyone know if this is televised anywhere?

Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 12:02

Superman - I'd recommend the "rugby on TV" link in the header, newly installed by our glorious admins (all hail the admin)

Sadly I think this one is a blank for TV!

Posted by: Brighty_Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 12:06

dont know if it still works but cricfree.tv used to show all the sale games televised or not through some sort of club stream

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 01 November, 2018 16:15

Sale

Sharks: 15.Luke James; 14.Paolo Odogwu, 13.Connor Doherty, 12.Johnny Leota, 11.Arron Reed; 10.Kieran Wilkinson, 9.Will Cliff; 1.Tom Bristow, 2.Curtis Langdon, 3.Joe Jones, 4.Matt Postlethwaite, 5.Andrei Ostrikov, 6.George Nott, 7.Sam Dugdale, 8.Josh Strauss (capt.).

Replacements: 16.Nic Dolly, 17.Jake Pope, 18.Alexandru Tarus, 19.Rouban Birch, 20.Ciaran Booth, 21.Gus Warr, 22.Tom Roebuck, 23.Nathan Pope

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: Irish_Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 19:34

Quote:
Brighty_Fez
dont know if it still works but cricfree.tv used to show all the sale games televised or not through some sort of club stream

Um nope, that never happened lol.

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 19:56

Can't even find any radio commentary.

Score 3-7 to Sarries. Kpoku scored Malins converted.

Date: 02 November, 2018 20:03

3-12 Gallagher scores

Date: 02 November, 2018 20:14

Odogwu scores for Sale. Try converted.

10-12 Half time

Date: 02 November, 2018 20:18

No stream, no radio,,, just Twitter... how to promote the competition!

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: maynas (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 20:39

I guess they do have Bristols on TV but shame there is no way of seeing this game as who can get to Sale from down here on a Friday night!

Date: 02 November, 2018 20:59

Cliff scores for Sale

15-12

Date: 02 November, 2018 21:03

Penalty Malins

15-15

Date: 02 November, 2018 21:15

15-15 FT..

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: Static (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 21:22

Full time 15-15

Date: 02 November, 2018 21:55

Wuss beat Sale 35-3 last week which puts our result in perspective. They are away to Tigers tomorrow so we ideally need them to do us a favour and either win or stop Wuss getting a tbp to set up a winner takes all match at AzP. A draw away from home is always a reasonable result but I bet the boys are disappointed.

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2018 22:38

Wuss have picked their first team agin for their match at tigers, so clearly targeting this competition.

Posted by: Sara'sman (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 00:29

My thoughts (since I appreciate others' after A league/non televised games):

Another excellent game from Kpoku (even better than v Tigers), carried and tackled to great effect. Judge excellent for 30 minutes (then tired?), dominating his opponent (their first penalty a poor decision), Day stole a couple of lineouts and though slow on the turn worked tirelessly. Taylor's speed of passing excellent, kicking so-so, sniping nearly came off. Our lineout was outstanding for 30 minutes then fell apart - throws too long (3?) one too low, one stolen. Bosch looking to offload but no runners on his shoulder (went off for 8 min with a bloody nose, came back to organise the youngsters). Morris made a couple of good breaks and generally good with ball in hand, not so good in defence. Scrum was generally dominant but a little inconsistent. Crossdale chased well but looks frail! Lewington rather too anonymous for me. Gallagher mixed - early kick half charged down, a couple of theirs knocked on, but reads game well/positioning good. Back row made 3 or 4 Jackals, tackled well but too little with ball in hand.

But Malins, oh dear! Sliced kick straight out, restart straight out, another didn't travel 5 yards, easy early penalty missed. Much worse than v Tigers.

Our kick chase was excellent, we should have won at a canter (Sale fans near me after 30 min "It's going to be a long day") but we started gifting possession/penalties and they looked increasingly dangerous as they bludgeoned then threw wide - Wilkinson played very deep helping them to outflank us. They finished as the more dangerous team. Think I saw our new prop, Kpoku2 (and Adams-Hale) warming up amongst the reserves.

Our second try was a fantastic team effort, Sale's first pretty good too. Clark targeted a little again, didn't over-react nor back down! Very clear in the warm-up that the organisation is (understandably) a rung or two down on the First team, and it showed in the backs where the second line of receivers was rarely used to any effect; a couple of openings blown, another nearly gifting an interception try.

My thanks to the great Sale fans surrounding me - generous with half time cakes/biscuits and good company, though forcing me to join the eating of Jelly Babies every time they scored was uncalled for!

Posted by: Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 00:43

Thanks Sara'sman. Appreciate the detailed review. I love Jelly Babies, if that's the worst you had to deal with it sounds like you had a great evening thumbs downthumbs downthumbs down.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2018 10:40

Jelly babies? Right, I am going to make the effort to get to the first team match there!

676.97 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2017.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net