Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Poll: That tackle by Faz
Posted by: westwaleswasp (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 23:16

Fair enough. He played pretty well. I think Daly is there for the boot factor from long range, I doubt Eddie had the long term aim of putting him there....

Posted by: King Zak (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 22:37

Quote:
westwaleswasp
Fair enough. He played pretty well. I think Daly is there for the boot factor from long range, I doubt Eddie had the long term aim of putting him there....

I’m sure you’re right about the kicking option he offers. Assuming Watson returns at 15 when fit, where does Daly then play?

Nous sommes l'armée noir et rouge !

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 09 November, 2018 11:55

Quote:
SarrieSaint
Quote:
westwaleswasp
The fabled Saracens lineout disruptors must have gone the same way as the talented Wasps players butchering those tries, because they don't play like that for their club.
Except ofc that a major reason for the overthrows was that Englands lineout competed early on putting up jumpers at 2 and 4 and effectively forcing a long throw. Kruis spoilt ball throughout the game including pinching at least one. On a couple of the lineouts that were long England didn't compete but SA were obviously concerned about it enough to still go long that shows the value of aggressive lineout defense.

Big Jim in his podcast thought that the Kritojie influence was the critical factor in the lineout. As those 2 were making it a contest in the middle the decision was to go to the back where the big SA second row was deemed unlikely by England to get the ball as he could not be lifted too high because of the weight. Bit like trying to get Skelton to jump.

As a result the throw was the correct height for a decent jumper at the back, its just the jumper didn't get up high enough

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 10 November, 2018 18:06

Quote:
King Zak
Quote:
westwaleswasp

I’m sure you’re right about the kicking option he offers. Assuming Watson returns at 15 when fit, where does Daly then play?

He doesn't have form to get into the team atm.
He has great skills but we aren't seeing them from him at fullback and Brown does everything that Daly currently does. You can't play a makeweigh for one kick at goal.

I don't think the problem is Daly's skillet, it is his current form.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net