Current Page: 1 of 3
Squad and Contracts 2019/20
Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 14:59

Doing this again and getting in early to keep track... Tricky really as some players have their contracts renewed without announcement (fair), we often don't release news of a squad/academy player departing (poor), and players joining the senior academy are often kept under the radar (fair). But here goes nothing.And keep the quibbling over players primary position to a minimum - who knows where the likes of Lozowski and Daly will feature next year anyway!

Players Out
LP - Hayden Thompson-Stringer - Brive
HK - Tadgh McIlroy - Released
HK - Christopher Tolofua - Toulon
TP - Christian Judge - Ex Loan, signed for Bath
TP - Hisa Sasagi - Ex Loan (Otago)
TP - Billy Walker - Nottingham
LK - Dominic Day - Released
FL - Schalk Burger - Retired
FL - Jack Nay - Released
N8 - Joel Conlon - Retired
N8 - Sione Vailanu - Wasps
SH - Alex Gliksten - Released
SH - Henry Taylor - Northampton Saints
C - Reuben Bird-Tulloch - Northampton Saints
C - Marcelo Bosch - Burton
C - Tom Griffiths - Released
WG - Oli Morris - Worcester Warriors
WG - David Strettle - Retired

Players In
LP - Rhys Carre - Cardiff Blues
HK - Jack Singleton - Worcester
TP - Josh Ibuanokpe - Harlequins
SH - Alex Day - Cornish Pirates
FB - Elliot Daly - Wasps

Academy Promotions
TBC

2019-20 Squad
Loosehead Prop
Mako Vunipola (3 Yr)
Richard Barrington (Contract Expired?)
Rhys Carre (Contract Unknown)
Ralph Adams-Hale (2 Yr)

Hooker
Jamie George (2 Yr)
Jack Singleton (3 Yr)
Tom Woolstencroft (Contract Unknown)
Joe Gray (1 Yr)
Scott Spurling (Contract Expired?)

Tighthead Prop
Juan Figallo (2 Yr)
Vincent Koch (3 Yr)
Titi Lamositele (Contract Expired?)
Josh Ibuanokpe (Contract Unknown)

Lock
Maro Itoje (3 Yr)
George Kruis (2 Yr)
Will Skelton (Contract Expired?)
Nick Isiekwe (1 Yr)
Joel Kpoku (Contract Unknown)
John Kpoku (Contract Unknown)

Flanker
Mike Rhodes (Contract Expired?)
Calum Clark (1 Yr)
Ben Earl (Contract Unknown - renewed 2018)
Sean Reffell (Contract Unknown)
Andy Christie (Contract Unknown)[/]

Number Eight
Billy Vunipola (3 Yr)
Jackson Wray [i](Contract Unknown)

Scrum Half
Ben Spencer (1 Yr)
Richard Wigglesworth (1 Yr)
Alex Day (Contract Unknown)
Tom Whiteley (Contract Unknown - renewed 2017)

Fly Half
Owen Farrell (3 Yr)
Max Malins (1 Yr)
Manu Vunipola (Contract Unknown)

Centre
Brad Barritt (1 Yr)
Alex Lozowski (1 Yr)
Nick Tompkins (3 Yr)
Duncan Taylor (2 Yr)
Viliami Hakalo (Contract Expired?)
Dominic Morris (1 Yr)

Wing
Sean Maitland (1 Yr)
Liam Williams (1 Yr)
Alex Lewington (Contract Unknown)
Rotimi Segun (Contract Expired?)
Alastair Crossdale (Contract Unknown)
Elliot Obatoyinbo (Contract Unknown)

Full Back
Alex Goode (Contract Unknown)
Elliot Daly (3 Yr)
Matt Gallagher (1 Yr)

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 16/05/2019 09:03 by Barty II.

Re: Squad and Contracts 2019/20
Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 15:18

Thanks Barty. That's a really comprehensive list. Other than the big worry (IMHO) over a strong deputy for Jamie George, I sincerely hope that we can keep Dave Strettle for another season. He's been scoring tries for fun and is exactly the type of player we need to keep us in contention throughout the season. His experience and finishing prowess are exemplary and he's still got some serious gas.

On a (very slightly) pedantic note I have yet to see it in writing anywhere that Marcelo Bosch is actually retiring rather than just leaving. In fact conversely I have heard through an unverifiable source that he's seeking a contract in France.

Date: 09 April, 2019 15:27

Quote:
GazzaFez
Thanks Barty. That's a really comprehensive list. Other than the big worry (IMHO) over a strong deputy for Jamie George, I sincerely hope that we can keep Dave Strettle for another season. He's been scoring tries for fun and is exactly the type of player we need to keep us in contention throughout the season. His experience and finishing prowess are exemplary and he's still got some serious gas.
On a (very slightly) pedantic note I have yet to see it in writing anywhere that Marcelo Bosch is actually retiring rather than just leaving. In fact conversely I have heard through an unverifiable source that he's seeking a contract in France.

Cheers boss - agree with your sentiments, and disappointed in my thinly veiled ageism thinking the 35 year old would be hanging up his boots by default. The likes of Strettle and Wigglesworth might have something to say about that!

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 15:30

I thought it was a done deal for Jack Singleton, hooker from Worcester Warriors. Or maybe I have just seen the rumour so often that I have believed it.

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 16:16

I thought Dom Day was retiring at the end of the season and Skelts had signed for two more years

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 09 April, 2019 20:17

Not seen it officially but Rugbypass had suggested that Skelton has signed for two more years.

Date: 10 April, 2019 09:56

Yep, all of the above is the rumour mill but not officially confirmed (although I certainly expect Skelton/Day is wrapped up)

Posted by: David@Sarries (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 14:30

When you look at the players that we will most likely lose to the RWC then we really will be “bare bones” in some positions.

The backs are reasonably well staffed but the forwards have challenges at Tight Head and Number 8.

We will be heavily dependent on Richard Barrington, Jackson, Brad, Wiggy and Alex*2.

The new prop is going to have to hit the ground running and we need at least 1 more tight head.

We also need the Senior Academy players to come of age, especially in the back row.

I’m sure that Mark and his coaches have the matter in hand.

Ohh, and a shout out to Nick Kennedy; if Carré is as good as the pundits are saying then that’s a great start to his recruitment career.

Posted by: daz_71 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 April, 2019 15:40

Quote:
SarrieSaint
Not seen it officially but Rugbypass had suggested that Skelton has signed for two more years.

Apparently we have to check in with Gussie first to work out if we can afford to keep Skelton!!!!! (Sm100)

Date: 23 April, 2019 20:19

Update - David Strettle's retirement confirmed. Man, myth, legend!

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 20:23

Quote:
Barty II
Update - David Strettle's retirement confirmed. Man, myth, legend!

As mentioned above that's one update I was really hoping you wouldn't have to make.

Date: 24 April, 2019 08:19

Agreed Gazza! Alas all good things must come to an end. Guess on a normal day it makes it easier to accommodate everyone into our salary cap busting back line, however may be even shorter during the internationals. Would hope Segun has a contract beyond this year, previously had renewed to the end of 2019 but maybe there's been an option to extend and no announcement. Not entirely sure Crossdale and the rest are ready for Premiership action so perhaps need to bring a reasonable squad player in

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 13:39

I don't think that we need a replacement. We will still have Sanjay, Sean, Lewington (who started brightly) and Daly plus Gallagher in the, er, wings.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Date: 24 April, 2019 14:23

Just have to see what happens when 3 of those are off on international duty!

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:32

Quote:
Barty II
Just have to see what happens when 3 of those are off on international duty!

Daly will be back after the Group Stages of the World Cup winking smiley Sean after the quarter-finals (Sm22)

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Date: 24 April, 2019 14:55

(Sm22) it's started already!

Date: 25 April, 2019 13:17

Next update with the rumour confirmed that Henry Taylor is joining Reuben Bird-Tulloch n signing for Saints.

A few stories about that we're looking at Cornish Pirates' Alex Day as a potential replacement.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 13:26

I thought Quins got first dibs on our academy boys we can't retain?

Posted by: scrappydoo (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 15:12

Quote:
myleftboot
I thought Quins got first dibs on our academy boys we can't retain?

Apparently the rumour that Quin's have first dibs ahead of the Saints are cobblers (don't know how to do the roll on the floor laughing icon)

Date: 25 April, 2019 17:21

Second update of the day, Billy Walker is joining Nottingham for some more game time. Not sure who the next cab off the rank is, perhaps Harvey Beaton although not sure which side of the scrum he packs down on

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net