Current Page: 1 of 2
Leinster - it will be one hell of a final ......
Posted by: DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 17:16

Very good today from Leinster - it might be an arm wrestle in Newcastle as opposed to a free flowing try fest but boy it will be great!

Re: Leinster - it will be one hell of a final ......
Posted by: colinmiddx (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 17:20

Why is the game listed Leinster vs Saracens, We finished top seed so we should have home listing ??

Posted by: sarricen (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 17:41

Just the final I think every neutral wanted. The best two teams in Europe over the last couple of seasons battling it out at a neutral venue with virtually full strength sides. Cannot wait!

Posted by: RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 17:43

Quote:
colinmiddx
Why is the game listed Leinster vs Saracens, We finished top seed so we should have home listing ??
Just be grateful the final hasn’t been moved to the Aviva. Leinster are the only team who get to play games at a neutral venue at home

Posted by: flavman 35 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 17:46

Rippon that bugs the@#$%&out of me. Something needs to be done. It is no5 right.

Posted by: paulglynn (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 18:29

Eprc should say if you use a ground more than 3 home games then it can not be classed as neutral

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 20:49

Leinster looked very very good today. They defend so aggressively and attack with so much pace.

Think we could have gone up another gear yesterday had we needed to. To beat this Leinster outfit we’ll need to be in that gear for most of the game.

Posted by: coolbawn (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2019 20:59

Quote:
paulglynn
Eprc should say if you use a ground more than 3 home games then it can not be classed as neutral

I can 100% understand the irritation but where do you think their home-country matches should be played ?

Good to keep the money in rugby if possible (although the Aviva is jointly owned with the football association.

Posted by: paulglynn (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 07:59

Well Munsters ground was not being used

Posted by: Primavesi2 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 08:15

I don´t know why people get so wound up by that.

Firstly, if Racing had won the semi final would have been played at their home ground so this is not some sort of pro Leinster/Ireland conspiracy.

Personally I think if you get a "home" semi final (which you earn via seeding or winning away QF) and if your stadium is big enough then why shouldn't you get the right to have it at your home ground? There is nowhere else in Ireland That would have been able to accommodate the 45k people that went so any other stadium would just be denying fans the chance to see the game. A fuss over nothing imo.

Posted by: footrush (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 08:46

Quote:
paulglynn
Well Munsters ground was not being used
Or Croke Park capacity circa 80,000 like the 2009 semi final.

Posted by: ko1076 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 11:02

It's not a rugby ground and the pitch is a lot bigger than needed and would only be 50% full (attendance at Landsdown was around 42k). Besides that - you would have to pay for it instead of making money off the semi yesterday. Would be a silly decision to have it there.

Posted by: Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 11:07

Would moving it a couple miles down the road really make that much of a difference any way. I used to agree with the view they shouldn’t play at the Aviva but EPRC have changed the rules and clarified it can be your home ground if big enough. Racing being the other team who would have benefited from this rule had they won as mention above.

Posted by: footrush (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 12:49

Was just using the excuse to point out that the semi final against Munster was the largest capacity attendance in the history of the competition as far as I know, it was full that day !, all tickets full price no “rescue” sell off needed !.

Posted by: leinsterlion (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 13:25

Quote:
RiponFalcon
Quote:
colinmiddx
Just be grateful the final hasn’t been moved to the Aviva. Leinster are the only team who get to play games at a neutral venue at home

You do know the RDS is leinsters home venue and without checking I’m fairly sure we’ve played there (Aviva) 3 times this year before yesterday. Munster in the league, bath at Christmas and the QF against Ulster. It’s hardly like we are there every weekend and truth be told a lot of Leinster fans I know anyway would prefer games in the rds rather than get an additional 10k fans that only show up for 3/4 games a year and lose atmosphere. Check how many games Toulouse play at the football stadium where they’ve beaten us in a semi before and would of used if they had home advantage.

It’s as misguided as you’ve bought your full team, which I’m sure annoys yous considering a lot to my knowledge were academy (itoje, Farrell, kruis, George) or signed at a young age like the vinipolas.

But don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/04/2019 13:38 by leinsterlion.

Date: 22 April, 2019 13:29

Separate to that it should be one hell of a final and would say if you took a mix of both teams you would have the majority of the lions team.

Posted by: BACK TO BLACK (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 13:42

Quote:
leinsterlion
Separate to that it should be one hell of a final and would say if you took a mix of both teams you would have the majority of the lions team.

Fair point LL but on behalf of the Welsh (of which I am not part btw) there's only 1 of the 12 in 2017 squad;
Leigh Halfpenny,
George North,
Liam Williams,
Jonathan Davies,
Dan Biggar,
Rhys Webb,
Ken Owens,
Alun Wyn Jones,
Ross Moriarty,
Sam Warburton (C),
Justin Tipuric,
Taulupe Faletau

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 22 April, 2019 13:45

Home advantage is supposed to be worth 7-10 points according to the statos. I suggest a similar handicap for Leinster when they next play to make up for this weekends "home" game ...

Date: 22 April, 2019 13:53

I was more thinking of if you look to the next lions it could have a front 5 of vunipola, George, furlong, Ryan, itoje.
Billy at 8 even though ruled out of the final leavy would be hunting the 7 jersey.

10 has a good chance to be Farrell

12/13 it could be henshaw and ringrose

And in the back 3 James Lowe will be eligible by then and I think has a good shot along with larmour and Williams. Not saying they will be the starting back 3 btw

Date: 22 April, 2019 13:56

Quote:
SarrieSaint
Home advantage is supposed to be worth 7-10 points according to the statos. I suggest a similar handicap for Leinster when they next play to make up for this weekends "home" game ...

As my previous comment above it’s not near what people make out. That was our 4th game there this season in all competitions.

On a similar ilk if saracens are proven to have broken the salary cap should all titles in those seasons be revoked? Should you be made operate on a lower salary cap than the rest of the league for a few seasons?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net