Stretts
Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 18:31

T retire at the end of the season [www.saracens.com]

Re: Stretts
Posted by: AB (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 18:35

fantastic player and can still perform at the highest level.

Would be great for him and us if he can go out on a real "double high"

Posted by: Eric Browett (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 18:38

Rare for people to choose to go when they're still somewhere near as good as they've been, which IMO Stretts is. Good luck to him, loved watching from the North Stand as he puffs out his cheeks running another try into 'his' corner.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 18:41

Great player, will be sorely missed.
Best of luck for the future...

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 19:05

Guess we knew this was coming, but I really wondered if there’d be second thoughts after his stellar performance on Saturday.
Hopefully he’ll keep fit like Chris Wyles so we can call him back in emergencies!
What a fabulous player he’s been for us.

Posted by: TV (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 19:24

Quote:
The Bard
Guess we knew this was coming, but I really wondered if there’d be second thoughts after his stellar performance on Saturday.
Hopefully he’ll keep fit like Chris Wyles so we can call him back in emergencies!
What a fabulous player he's been for us.
Agree
Loved the pass to Munster player 5m from the line to give us the line out!
Super rugby brain and great guy who will be missed

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 20:17

It was always on the cards, but I have to confess the lack of any confirmation prior to now allowed me to get my hopes up a bit that he might be persuaded to stay on for one more year. There is no doubt he's still a top class winger who can mix it with the very best.

Great that he can retire on his own terms and of course wish him all the best in his next venture.

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 21:14

Fabulous player for us; one of the very best we’ve ever had.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 22:09

Watched him carve us up for Rotherham as a teenager back at the County Ground in Exeter, scored 3 tries down the right wing IIRC. Always thought he was a totally top bloke and sorry to see him leaving the game but very best of luck for the future and thanks for the memories.

Posted by: Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 09:24

Right up there as one of the most intelligent running wings we have had in my time watching.

Really keeps defenders on their toes.

He will be missed.

Now, lets do the double and give some more memories to leave with.

Posted by: flavman 35 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 09:28

He deserves the double this year. What a send off that would be. Even if we only gave him europe it is the one he is missing. Come on boys give stretts what he deserves

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net