Munster Breakdown
Posted by: nedrichards (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 22:42

As ever, The42.ie with some of the best, most detailed analysis.

That's how you end up winning the turnover battle 6-3!

EDIT: link fixed, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/04/2019 09:57 by nedrichards.

Re: Munster Breakdown
Posted by: Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 23:04

Link doesn’t work - pity

Posted by: AB (IP Logged)
Date: 23 April, 2019 23:47

really great analysis
just go on to www.the 42.ie

Posted by: Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 00:40

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 10:35

Interesting that almost every ruck has the clear out bringing a whinge to the referee

Seems Sarries identified the interpretation Garces allowed and played exactly to it. The only time it failed was when both Koch and itoje did the same thing making it look really bad

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:01

I hadn't realised that Garces was also the referee for the Chiefs/Munster game. Munster basically wrecked Chiefs game through their play at breakdown and lineout and I can remember thinking at the time that neither were often legal.

This looks to me like a great example of playing the referees interpretation and had Munster been allowed their usual free-hand there I am sure there would have been no complaints. Really well played Sarries and coaches. I get the feeling that the choice of referee for the final will be very important.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:05

Quote:
JO'G
Interesting that almost every ruck has the clear out bringing a whinge to the referee d
I suspect that was part of it. Garces doesn't particularly like talking to the captain, who never shuts up, let alone Murray and Beirne questioning everything. I thought Murray was risking a yellow at times.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:23

They provide excellent sports coverage - I already have the app; I have now subscribed to the podcast (free).

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: MickyWiz (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 17:49

SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
24 April, 2019 14:01
I get the feeling that the choice of referee for the final will be very important.

Well, it's Garces again. That could work for or against us, either we're used to what he'll allow and he's used to allowing what we do, or he's reviewed his performance, decided he was too lenient and will over-compensate next time!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net