Current Page: 1 of 2
Last 3 prem games and rotation
Posted by: RobB (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 13:42

OK - Time for a bit of logic. Given that we will almost certainly be playing Glaws in the play offs do we go all out for getting the home side status. For this to happen we will need to win at least one of our remaining three games and also pick up 2 -3 bonus points assuming Glaws win all of their last three.

So for me - Full strength at Wasps to go for the win.
Rest / Rotate for Exeter in prep for the Euro Final
Euro Final -
Make the decision for the Worcester game once we get the final out of the way. We may still have to get something from this game.

Re: Last 3 prem games and rotation
Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 13:49

Agree

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:02

Jamie George needs careful management, he's utterly indispensable. Mako, whatever he needs to be full bore come Leinster. Goodey has played a lot of rugby... Sure they'll get it right!

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:28

My take on this is very simple. There's no point in saving players for a final we may never get to. The mistake was predictably the selection for the Bristol game. That's water under the bridge now. For me the selection needs to be first choice all the way this weekend. Then depending on ours and the Glaws result reassess for the Chiefs game; remember they already have a home semi and no more HC games so may well rest lots of players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/04/2019 09:04 by GazzaFez.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 14:35

Quote:
GazzaFez
My take on this is very simple. There's no point in saving players for a final we may never get to. The mistake was predictably the selection for the Falcons game. That's water under the bridge now. For me the selection needs to be first choice all the way this weekend. Then depending on ours and the Glaws result reassess for the Chiefs game; remember they already have a home semi and no more HC games so may well rest lots of players.

Chiefs' players get plenty of rest during the European knockout weekends (every season!), so I expect them to prioritise seeking to establish momentum against us. Ergo, I expect them to field a strong team at AzP.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 15:14

I expect a strong side this weekend and then a 'rotated' (i.e. second) team against Exeter. Leinster have that weekend off, I imagine most of our players will too. Would seem very foolish to let anyone go out and get beaten up by Exeter the week before the cup final.

I don't think players or coaches will care too much about going away to Gloucester. The priority is ensuring everyone is fit and fresh for Newcastle.

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 24 April, 2019 17:32

Is no one else suspicious that RobB(axter?) is suggesting we rest players for Chiefs visit? (Sm100)

Agree totally. Look to tie up the points needed for guaranteed second at the Ricoh on the weekend. Wasps have their stingers up so it will need the full squad.

I like the idea of rest and rotation against Chiefs. If we were to play a full squad and beat them it probably helps them prepare for a possible final more than it helps Sarries. If you send out a quality second team then any "points" result is a bonus and an upset would be a real spanner in the works for Chiefs plans.

Posted by: David@Sarries (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 18:40

We need to do whatever we need to do to ensure that we have a home semifinal; we do not want to go to Kingsholm and play against 16.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 19:34

After the way the Storm played away at Sandy Park, let them play the home game too, with whomever needs the game time added!

Posted by: nedrichards (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 19:34

Priority 1: Win the Champions Cup
Priority 2: Home Semi Final for the league

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 20:20

Personally I would play the full sudeagai st waspies with a bench hopefully employed early.

Then against Exeter play a second team giving them no plan of how we play against them plus no kudos of winning

Posted by: AB (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 20:41

Quote:
JO'G
Personally I would play the full sudeagai st waspies with a bench hopefully employed early.
Then against Exeter play a second team giving them no plan of how we play against them plus no kudos of winning

Thought for a moment that sudeagai was a new South Sea Islander lol ( the perils of typing quickly!

Posted by: McSaracens (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 20:56

I would agree with the above, possibly start Joe Gray over Jamie George this week.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Date: 25 April, 2019 21:38

Quote:
AB
Quote:
JO'G

Thought for a moment that sudeagai was a new South Sea Islander lol ( the perils of typing quickly!

More the perils of typing on the train home after 4 pints after work

Posted by: Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 21:40

Quote:
AB
Quote:
JO'G

I was thinking Japanese maybe?

Posted by: Squawker2 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 21:49

If we do win against Wasps, then I can buy the argument for resting certain players against Chiefs. If we lose, then I think we have to commit, despite potential rest issues.

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Date: 25 April, 2019 22:35

Bottom line is that fully rested our side will beat Glaws at azp or at Kingsholm. Financial benefits from azp of course.

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 09:06

Quote:
Harrow Sarrie
Quote:
AB
Quote:
JO'G

I was thinking Japanese maybe?

South African, of course - like an assegai.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 09:07

Quote:
JO'G
Bottom line is that fully rested our side will beat Glaws at azp or at Kingsholm. Financial benefits from azp of course.

One chicken, two chickens, ...

Posted by: Primavesi2 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 11:12

The Munster match was brutal, I would rotate heavily this week to allow a lot of the players involved to recover.

There are only 3 games that matter this season. Win them and we have done the double. I would fully expect a full strength sarries side to win away at Kingsholm so for me I would like to see the coaches focus on focusing on having the players as fresh as possible for those 3 games.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net