SHALL WE CALL IT A DRAW?
Posted by: TheSaracens.com (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 11:10

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/05/2019 13:28 by sutton_sarrie.

Re: SHALL WE CALL IT A DRAW?
Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 11:44

Great summary of something which is as you say very difficult to second guess. For me I think the best we can hope for is Chiefs to put out a stronger team than us, they do have a more tricky run in to manage than us, and for us to get a good win with a largely Stormesque team and thus walk away with some limited bragging rights. It's difficult to see what else is on offer.

There is however no excuse for anything other than a good flowing attacking game of rugby with nothing to lose and no pressure on either side. Lots of players with something to prove should help to achieve that. Let's hope that Mr Tempest does his bit as well.

An end of season 'Premiership Barbarians' match between the top two teams? Here's hoping.

Posted by: derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 12:54

Funny old game to look forward to - I always want us to win, especially at home, because that helps momentum and helps that fortress AzP mindset; but on Saturday I think my only concern is not breaking anyone who is going to be needed in Newcastle. So if I were Mark (which thankfully for you all, I am not) I would put out our youngsters and just see how they get on

Posted by: PurfleetSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 18:52

Many thanks for a great preview. Enjoy Botswana

Posted by: BramleyRoad (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 06:54

Mako might need some game time?
I love watching Malins at 10.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 10:24

Mako - cotton wool please

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 10:57

I am not MMcC either. I would pic Cello and Chippi, with the other 21 all being U23.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 11:16

seems to me that selecting a B team is a Win, Win for Sarries - especially as the B team already beat the Braves recently.

IF Exeter win, then it was only against the B team (flat track bullies)
If Sarries win, then you can't even beat our B team what hope have you got against the proper side

It was interesting that Sarries B side beat the braves recently; they have come on a lot this season. The earlier fixture (on Freeview TV) at AzP was so men against boys that it was almost embarrasing.

Date: 03 May, 2019 13:48

Quote:
JO'G
It was interesting that Sarries B side beat the braves recently; they have come on a lot this season. The earlier fixture (on Freeview TV) at AzP was so men against boys that it was almost embarrasing.

I was trying to work this one out, both teams lost their home games! Us 24-47, them 26-51.

There were only 5 players that started both games for us, so could just be the impact of a different team. But I wonder if it was something to do with how we prepped for the start of the season. In previous years we've treated the first league games as slightly warm-up games. And starting with Falcons away and Bristol at home gave us the option to do the same this year. It means we start a little flatter, but the benefit comes at this stage of the season.

Posted by: PurfleetSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2019 17:49

I'm glad we didn't call it a draw. An unexpected result much appreciated

Posted by: Squawker2 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2019 14:18

Quote:
PurfleetSarrie
I'm glad we didn't call it a draw. An unexpected result much appreciated

Indeed - though I suspect Gareth Steenson might have taken it! (Sm122)

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net