4 Day
5 Kpoku Isiekwe
6 Clark
7 Burger
8 Earl Vailanu

Re: Thoughts for Worcester
Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 15:52

I've been thinking about this too and have come to the conclusion that Rob Baxter will have little option other than to play his first choice XV and to that end will probably beat Saints, even though they will be totally up for it. Therefore, I would keep our selection pragmatic and take no risks at all with players we might need for the semi and beyond with half an eye on finishing top; I think it unlikely even if we win. That's not to say we won't be going all out to win this game because of course we will. However, I wouldn't start any of the underlined players in your list. Agree with the 23 though.

Posted by: Sara'sman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 16:05

Agree re RB and Chiefs Gazza - they can't afford to go into their semi final with a side who have not played on the previous 3 weekends; they'll only rest those carrying serious knocks. I think something similar applies to our "bench" - whilst we don't want them injured for next week nor do we want them undercooked should they be needed to start if we reach the final, especially the three who didn't get on last week.

Another tough set of decisions for our coaching team! I always find it interesting reading our posters' calls.

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2019 18:17

Donít think there is enough incentive to go all out for a 5 point win with the only advantage being Saints instead of Gloucester.
Wiggy , Gray and Chippy if fit need game time but otherwise give everyone else a rest.

Date: 15 May, 2019 20:24

I wouldn't play anyone who got any serious minutes in the Euro cup, so would rest Isiekwe and Wigglesworth.

I'd start Figallo as he needs the game time in case needed (anyone know how @#$%&'s injury is?).

This is a proper dead rubber, so send the Storm to have some fun. Worcester will probably be looking to jouť!

Posted by: #wolfpack (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 09:34

I'm not sure I'd even play guys like Tompkins - he played 80 mins week before last, will be involved in the next two weeks and probably was out on the p1ss with the others for most of this week.

I'd play a complete scratch side.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 10:20

I would think that everyone in the coaching team have been assuming we would play Glaws in our semi-final for over a month. Only option would be at home or away

As a result we have probably done a ton of video analysis and game prep to counter Cips. Pointless to waste that and end up with a last minute lottery and play Saints or Quins.

I reckon we are putting out a team to win, but not for 5 points - agree rest everybody and make sure anyone selected can play 2 weeks unless they pick up a knock in the semi

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 10:53

Whatever Rob Baxter's thoughts, I can't imagine any of the likely Chiefs starting 15 wanting to risk serious injury. Meanwhile for Saints it's a must win match and, the way they've been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if Saints won well and Chiefs came away with nothing....in which case just a win would put us top. Difficult for Small to ask his team to play to lose just to make sure we get Glaws in the semi.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 11:51

The prestige of topping the table has value, Shirley?

Posted by: Garp285 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 11:56

Quote:
myleftboot
The prestige of topping the table has value, Shirley?
According to some (ie those who don't lose any/many to Internationals) it's all that matters!!

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 12:42

Well, letsgettit. Anything to annoy the celery nerds

Posted by: Huxley (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 12:46

Who would we rather play in semis? If you look at the teams fighting it out, I would think Saints have the best record at AP and are a team who are really growing under Boyd. I really canít see finishing top being a huge benefit, other than bragging rights.

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 13:27

Officiating:

Worcester Warriors v Saracens (Sixways, 4pm)
Referee: Adam Leal (1st Premiership game).
Assistant Referees: Jack Makepeace & Paul Dix.
TMO: Trevor Fisher.
Citing Officer: Dave Guyan

First premiership game - oh dear

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 13:44

Quote:
tpr's headmistress
Officiating:
Worcester Warriors v Saracens (Sixways, 4pm)
Referee: Adam Leal (1st Premiership game).
Assistant Referees: Jack Makepeace & Paul Dix.
TMO: Trevor Fisher.
Citing Officer: Dave Guyan

Well, that's one team that risks being accused of 'disrespecting the fixture/tournament/opposition' (Sm22)

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 13:46

Quote:
tpr's headmistress

They've got to start somewhere

Posted by: Wayoutwest (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 14:05

I see Exeter putting out a full strength squad. They cannot go into next weekend under cooked. Also there is the issue of pride and confidence if they lose that top spot to us.
They need to use this game as a build up to the semifinal. I expect them to win.

Therefore it does not matter what team we put out as winning is not going to make much difference and I would rather play Glaws at home and give them pay back for singing " can we play you every week" at kingsholm during the 6 nations.

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 14:25

The bad news about Mako and Titi will have some influence on the selection for Wuss. My guess is that as Baz and Vince will now be starting the semi, it more than likely means that Thompson-Stringer and Judge will bench for the semi.

Juan Figallo hasn't played for months and personally I don't think 40 or 50 minutes will be enough to see him ready, even though he's clearly the senior player.

Therefore Adams-Hayle and Figallo to start on Saturday?

Posted by: vunipolae (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2019 17:47

Figallo can play loosehead right? Would argue our 4 strongest props right now are Barrington, Figallo, Koch and Judge. May be worth playing Figallo loosehead this weekend and see how it goes? Otherwise you have Adams Hale as the backup loosehead which is fine and I've liked what I've seen of him but experience is priceless at this time of year. Next year may be a better time for Adams Hale

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net