Premiership attendances .
Posted by: Waldo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 14:42

The figures below are courtesy of bristolpost.co.uk

I know we are hampered by capacity constraints at AzP ( and some would say competition with the local other sports ie footy) - but this is one table we are nowhere near the top of at 9th !

Re: Premiership attendances .
Posted by: Primavesi2 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 15:04

If only there was a trophy for that!

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2019 16:42

Interesting that even after we added the London Arena figurues in we had more spectators in the season than Northampton

With the fairly high charges for admission at AzP I wonder what the values for entrance were - I'm thinking that we might get much higher.

Posted by: PhillFez (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 08:46

I'm not sure a big increase is a good idea although I know commercial viability depends on this. An average of 16k+ at the Ricoh must include some indifferent viewers who have been behaving more like wendyball followers barracking the ref. (Sm159)

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 08:58

Quote:
PhillFez
I'm not sure a big increase is a good idea although I know commercial viability depends on this. An average of 16k+ at the Ricoh must include some indifferent viewers who have been behaving more like wendyball followers barracking the ref. (Sm159)
although 4000 more than the homeless football team the stadium was built for. Even allowing for the section of Cov support boycotting SISU that's quite surprising.

Posted by: Duncan96 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 09:12

Quote:
JO'G
Interesting that even after we added the London Arena figurues in we had more spectators in the season than Northampton
With the fairly high charges for admission at AzP I wonder what the values for entrance were - I'm thinking that we might get much higher.

You must be right. Im an example of another aspect of that. I often work away at weekends so miss a lot of games in a season. If I was a Wasps supporter that would be no problem as Id just buy match tickets and be sure of getting a very good seat at a low price (its a pig to get to for a semi final especially when they cancel the trains but I find the sight lines and facilities at the Ricoh, well beer anyway, to be first rate).

If I want a good seat at Saracens for every game I want to go to I have to buy a high price season ticket. Not a moan btw, just a fact.

So, the business case of 10,000 capacity for a small team in North London competing in a football dominated area has been sound up till now as the revenues must be much higher than if we had a 20,000 capacity stadium selling 16,000 seats at half the price.

The challenge comes soon for NW and the team I think because it was my impression that there were more than 10,000 Saracens supporters at each of Newcastle and Twickenham.

I hope we see some increased capacity, not just increased prices.

Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 17:43

Quote:
JO'G

But not when you add in their Twickenham game against Tigers, which is incorrectly shown as a Tigers home game.

Anyway, some good attendances there - I wonder how this past season compares to previous ones.

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 18:06

Does anyone know via friends of a friend, nudge, nudge, wink, wink how the repricing worked out? Did make money for the club in the end or was it a miscalculation? I've not been to many games this season but on TV there's been a lot of empty space for many matches.

Posted by: OhMaroItoje (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2019 19:27

if we had the stadium and prices of Bristol I think wed be getting at least the same figures as them if not higher. The 10,000 capacity is killing us as we have to charge such high prices due to the limited no. seats. The club should be looking to upgrade to 15,000 permanent capacity within 5 years and 20,000 within 10 years in my opinion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net