Thursday's Chronic
Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 11:54

Re: Thursday's Chronic
Posted by: The Oilman (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 16:46

[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Doesn't seem as though Todd is particularly impressed, like many of us.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 17:50

Quote:
The Oilman
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/todd-blackadder-wants-his-side-to-deliver-on-potential-in-semi-final-against-stade-francais/story-30283078-detail/story.html#m7TRqZQEWQQKxch6.01

Isn't Blackadder and his coaching team partly responsible for some of our dire away performances though?

Chris Cook - Adopted player 2016/17

Posted by: Garbageman (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 22:58

Ultimately accountable (at some point) but difficult to judge how responsible, if by that you mean at fault. Perhaps you know more than I do?

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 23:16

Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
The Oilman
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/todd-blackadder-wants-his-side-to-deliver-on-potential-in-semi-final-against-stade-francais/story-30283078-detail/story.html#m7TRqZQEWQQKxch6.01

Isn't Blackadder and his coaching team partly responsible for some of our dire away performances though?

Age old dilemma, bit difficult to apportion blame when its inconsistency especially due to an unsettled as a result of injuries.

If the team was poor every week, it would be coach related. getting the mental approach correct is pretty vital, but TB can't control factors like George Fords departure and the baggage that goes with it.

I think we have to do what we can this season. TB will get a chance to refocus for next seasons games with a squad that he has assembled.

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 10:10

If a team is poor every away game, doesn't that also point at the mental approach being wrong and thus also coach related?

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 10:41

Quote:
jayeatman
If a team is poor every away game, doesn't that also point at the mental approach being wrong and thus also coach related?

Yes, but you have to deal with that issue in combination with your leaders, like it or not GF is a significant leader as evidenced by his "coaching' during training. That's why I don't think this issue can be properly sorted till he has left.

But I agree mental approach is part of coaching. GF and his link to his father which he has reinforced by leaving is, in my view, inhibiting TB's full ownership of the team.

Posted by: The Oilman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 11:25

Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
The Oilman

From my recollection, TB has said on a number of occasions that they didn't stick to the game plan. So it might be down to discipline. In the case of Hastings when we played Wasps it was blind panic.

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 11:33

Tend to agree: Leadership on the pitch is a big issue and this co-captain thing is a sign of there not being one stand-out leader.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net