Current Page: 1 of 2
OT Wimbledon
Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2017 16:42

Murray and Konta in the quarter final, first time a British man and woman in the last eight since 1973.

Re: OT Wimbledon
Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2017 16:56

Hopefully they can become the first British man and woman to win Wimbledon at the same time.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Date: 10 July, 2017 17:21

Quote:
OutsideBath
Hopefully they can become the first British man and woman to win Wimbledon at the same time.

Hey Outside Bath, that was you being optimistic, well done!

Date: 10 July, 2017 17:33

I'm also hoping for a whitewash of the Saffers in the test series!

Posted by: The Oilman (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2017 20:43

Muller beating Nadal was an amazing match. Took almost 5 hours (about 4 rugby games)

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 01:29

Konta has a very tough match next against World no.2 Sabine Halek & she will have to play at her very best to progress. If she does she has quite a good chance of winning the title. I don't really think that Murray is in the right sort of form to win again but with his dogged determination & with Nadal being knocked out you never know.

Date: 11 July, 2017 07:07

Cilic is in Murray's side of the draw and is potentially a problem for him.

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2017 18:40

Match point for Jo

And there's your slice of history (what WAS going through Halep's mind there)

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2017 18:42 by Which Tyler.

Date: 11 July, 2017 18:45

Well done Konta... (Sm152)

Date: 12 July, 2017 08:45

I love the way she plays, next up Venus!

Posted by: cb2 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 09:24

It was nice to see her try to win the game and not to try and not lose it. Having said that, she needs to cut down the amount of returns she hits past the baseline.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 10:35

I was really impressed by Konta's performance but for the life of me couldn't understand her decision to receive after winning the toss and going down 0-3 soon after. I was also amazed at the power produced by both players, some remarkable hitting and I'm really looking forward to her match against Venus. I would like to see a mash up of JK playing and the Bob Dylan track - Visions of Johanna

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 12:00

The mash up would have to be slowed up very much to be at the right tempo. Great track though.

Date: 12 July, 2017 16:18

Murray out, huge pressure on Konta now.

Murray's injury must have been worse than he indicated to lose to such a lowly ranked player.

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 05:02

I couldn't understand how hopeless he suddenly became in every aspect, particularly getting his serve in & lobbing like an amateur. He probably wanted to retire.

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 09:50

Is there really any pressure on Konta more than she puts on herself? She's massively overachieved already.

Date: 13 July, 2017 10:31

Quote:
hasta
Is there really any pressure on Konta more than she puts on herself? She's massively overachieved already.

Well shes in the last 4 and she's world ranked 6, so its not that massive an over achievement

However, on the pressure point, according to someone I heard on the radio, might have been McKenroe or John lloyd, when asked about the weight of expectation he said that if she is worried about what the media says then she has no chance, implying it has no relevance.

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 10:38

Her previous record at Wimbledon is Played 6, Won 1 though...

Date: 13 July, 2017 10:42

A good fact I heard about Venus' last match against Ostapenko was that she was born 2 weeks before Venus appeared at her first Wimbledon

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 12:35

Quote:
woodpecker
Quote:
hasta

Well shes in the last 4 and she's world ranked 6, so its not that massive an over achievement

However, on the pressure point, according to someone I heard on the radio, might have been McKenroe or John lloyd, when asked about the weight of expectation he said that if she is worried about what the media says then she has no chance, implying it has no relevance.

According to her coach...I know he is biased but...she has massive belief, she has powerful shots and he believes the age difference will tell. In interview she doesn't appear to be daunted at all.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net