Current Page: 1 of 4
Craig Mitchell
Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 11:45

So we have signed former Dragons tight-head prop Craig Mitchell. He has a number of Welsh caps but as he was released by Dragons they evidently didn't rate him too highly.

Re: Craig Mitchell
Posted by: Riddler (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 11:52

Could this be another Brew situation though; bright prospect once upon a time, career seemed to be petering out and then, new club, new opportunity...

Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 12:11

My feeling is that Brew is a decent player, but not a world beater. I think we have decent players at tight head, I feel we were looking for someone who is top draw.

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 12:13

Have the club signed him? As the paper states they believe he had singed but the club has not publicly announced his signing - great for the player!!

This is the lack of transparency I was talking about on another thread.

Welcome Craig if you have signed.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 12:35

Is he really an improvement on the players we already have?

Chris Cook - Adopted player 2016/17

Posted by: Danchinho (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 12:49

Maybe he's a short term signing while Henry Thomas gets fit?

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

Posted by: BB&W 1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 16:13

Massively underwhelming.

Posted by: Riddler (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 16:39

TB did say 2 big name signings so could be yet to come...Live in hope!

Posted by: Gussieboy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 16:42

Craig Mitchell is big if you alter the font and put the caps lock on.

Posted by: southgate (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 17:28

Enjoy the ride Craig.

Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 18:00

As a point of order that should be drawer I believe.

FLAP

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 18:12

If this is true, then WELCOME Craig! (Ignore the doom brigade)

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 18:29

Donning my rose tinted specs, I take this as an encouraging sign that the A League and Anglo Welsh will be taken a bit more seriously this year.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 07:45

Is the AW not cancelled? I assumed it had been out of everyone's misery. Assume there's no way that the Pro12 could expand and keep it.

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 08:08

Quote:
hasta
Is the AW not cancelled? I assumed it had been out of everyone's misery. Assume there's no way that the Pro12 could expand and keep it.

That would be my assumption if the SA teams join the Pro 12(14).

A question is does raise is what will the English clubs do on those weekends? Have a rest is one option, or the A league. But there was also talk in the Clubs report of the restructuring of the A league that Bath wanted those matched brought in line with the first team schedule to aid training/selection, and given the stated schedule for the A league it wouldn't fill the gap of losing the AW.

If the AW does go what will clubs do for season ticket holder who have already paid for a number of games this coming season? Perhaps an all English cup including the Championship?

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 08:15

Rest and refund would be ideal. If they commercially aren't able to do that, then I suppose another half-baked cup idea will fill the gap.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 09:01

Whenever gym was cancelled at school we got to watch a video. Maybe a film night at the rec? The Fast and Furious and Harry Potter franchises alone would take us through a whole season. Failing that, what happened to those giant inflatable oranges?

Posted by: Gussieboy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 09:44

Matt, just for the record, that did make me laugh quite a lot!!

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 10:35

I too would like to welcome Craig to Bath. May your dreams come true here and this time next year you be one of the players we definately don't want to lose.

Posted by: abendanon-anon-anon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2017 11:35

According to lots of posts I've read on here props don't mature until they're 30+. so perhaps we have signed someone who will shine. Welcome Craig

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net