Recreation Ground Trust Incorporation
Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 17:16

Has been discovered by the Chronic

Someone is already asking for car boot sales!

Re: Recreation Ground Trust Incorporation
Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 07:18

A very useful, easy to understand explanation of a set up I have found baffling - also great to see Kev Adams directly involved.

The whole messy saga is moving to a logical, understandable,workable and sustainable structure that should be good for the wider, local community

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 07:30

Reading it seems to state that if the trust approves it can sell parts of the Rec. Would the club try to do that I wonder?

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 08:19

Quote:
shipwrecked
Reading it seems to state that if the trust approves it can sell parts of the Rec. Would the club try to do that I wonder?

Would the club try to do what?

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 08:37

Quote:
shipwrecked
Unlikely, as it would be against its charitable objectives.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 09:58

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
shipwrecked

Would the club try to do what?

Buy part of the Rec, I don't think it is likely but it does now seem possible.

Posted by: trikidiki (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 20:18

Quote:
jayeatman
Quote:
shipwrecked
Unlikely, as it would be against its charitable objectives.

Agreed it is unlikely but it is not necessarily against the charitable objectives.

If the trust can demonstrate that they can further the trusts objectives (ie provide a venue for outdoor games and pastimes) by selling the Rec in whole or part and buying land elsewhere then they can do so.

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2017 15:22

I think it makes all of the sense in the world to extract a large price from BC for selling the Rugby part of the Rec to him and then using the cash to create new outdoor sports facilities in another location.

Think of Dorchester Cricket, Rugby and Football Clubs who sold out to Tesco and created fantastic new facilities. Same with Newbury Rugby Club, Manchester Rugby Club and of course locally Trowbridge

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net