Current Page: 1 of 2
Latest Bath rugby Survey
Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 23:33

Just done the latest.
G*D it's depressing, talk about a survey that's designed to get the answers it wants!
As in,
a. We want to sell more food please tell us about food, oh sorry isn't that why you go to watch the rugby?
b. Lots of variable questions designed algorithmically to tell us what is the max we can charge for every area in the ground.
c. Please don't tell us what you actually want because there isn't a section for that and this survey is designed by 12 year olds and they don't really know much about rugby.

Anyone else done it?

MASSIVESQUAWK

Re: Latest Bath rugby Survey
Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 00:52

Yes happy to do it. Seems a sensible way to proceed. I look forward to eventually being under cover, having less of a queue for the loo, not sitting in a slightly different place each year & being able to see the clock & screen. Nice to know that something is happening.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 07:10

Completed the survey and it appears they plan to almost double the price of a similarly located seat.

If that's correct that will be the end of me attending games at the Rec.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Posted by: BathPatriot (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 07:39

I sadly I gave up being a member long ago due to affordable issues, so how anyone can afford a possible doubling of ticket prices Is beyond me.

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 07:46

Yes- I doubt if that thought had occurred to many of us. However, if those who are not prepared to pay at that level complete the survey they will have to think again.

Posted by: Coalminer (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 10:32

If the prices in the survey are indicative of the true prices in the new stadium then I would bid a sad farewell to the Rec and invest in BT Sport.

Posted by: GrumpyDave (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 12:34

Ouch! Those indicative prices are indeed eye-watering. They gave a few permutations, so halfway ranged from 700-1300 for example, compared to the ~500 or whatever it is I pay for an East Stand seat on halfway.

Maybe its one of them sneaky tricks that Politicians like to play by "leaking" bad news, only to deny it and formally announce something less bad when the populace reacts with outrage...
Club: No, no we didnt say your seat will now cost 900, it'll only be 800
Me: So I "save" 100? OK, thats alright then; here's my money.

If these kind of prices are for real its going to cause a seismic shift in the demographic of those able to attend. That seems like a bad thing. If it comes to pass I'll probably suck it up (at least for a season), but struggling to imagine that the match day experience is likely to be 80% better, even with a roof.

On the other hand, the glacial progress of this project suggests a few more seasons of sun/rain/hail/snow-drenched viewing at "regular" prices.

Date: 14 September, 2017 12:41

Seems to me that BC wants season ticket holders to pay for the stadium changes, which is unjustifiable.

Personally I'd only accept increases above inflation if the team is successful on the pitch.

The prices being hinted at are at football levels, which is just wrong.

Posted by: Eastbath (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 13:46

I feel that after 12 years of sitting in the rain/sleet/hail and freezing in Easterly winds on the back row of the east stand the club owes me a bit for my loyalty and continued support through thick and thin.
I wonder if they fee that way!
Football tickets have actually come down in price as they have so much income from TV,BEEB on average about 30.

Posted by: nixworld2 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 14:06

I really fear that if those prices are accurate, I wouldn't be able to afford my season ticket. I know they are a mixture of probable projections, a bit of fishing around to see what people will put up with and natural inflation, but some of them were taking the mick.

Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 14:42

When I put this up I was very cross about the wilful slant of the exercise.
Twenety four questions (it felt like) on can we sell much more food please? Versus one sole mention of toilets. Then deliberate progression of questions to find the abso max that could be mined from our pockets for tickets.
I find the revelation about the inner psyche at work nauseous (a very cynical interpretation of the word 'consultation' let alone the ineptitude of whoever signed this off to go live.
Now however consider, this will reach The Chron. Imagine next week's front page headline- 'Bath Rugby set to double prices if permission granted for new stadium'. They can deny all they like but imagine the PR gift to all those who will seek to oppose the stadium.
It can hardly seem like a stadium to benefit the people of Bath.

STILLSQUAWK

Posted by: Awp24975 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 15:05

Some of the prices mentioned were ridiculous and I have a terrace season ticket so only really focussed on those.

I also don't understand how they cannot put a roof on the terrace, it feels like we would've paying extra so everyone else gets a better experience rather than us.

The sort of increase in cost they mention and no roof to justify that increase would mean that I definitely wouldn't renew and would go back to my local club and pick off the occasional game, but then I am sure it wouldn't worry them one bit what I do.

Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 15:28

I'd be pretty surprised if all tickets don't go up, not just season tickets. I wouldn't find it that surprising if we all ended up paying for the new stadium, I'm not sure who else would?

Date: 14 September, 2017 15:54

Quote:
DanWiley
I'd be pretty surprised if all tickets don't go up, not just season tickets. I wouldn't find it that surprising if we all ended up paying for the new stadium, I'm not sure who else would?

I would expect the prices to go up somewhat, but not by the level being quoted in the survey which are nothing short of extortionate. The prices quoted are pretty much double those of last season's top 4 so cannot be justified in my opinion.

I guess BC wants a different type of season ticket holder who will spend more in the ground?

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 16:19

Thats a conjoint survey, I was presenting the results of one today. Basically there are upper and lower price ranges and a variety of product options. It may be that Bruce wants to cane everbody but the survey doesn't mean that.

Posted by: Garbageman (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 16:47

Quote:
DanWiley

This, the market will set the price. I'd be surprised if the half way line plus option has many takers but the survey will show

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 17:51

I'm sorry did I miss the point?

I thought, in fact I know, it was aimed at the Hospitality Market.

I assumed because we have taken 20 hospitality seats for one match a season that we were being questioned as to what we wanted from hospitality.

The questionnaire I filled out was all about Hospitality......is there another one?

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 17:58

I havn't done the survey - just put it on the back burner until weekend when have more time. From what has been posted above, sounds as if rugby is fast returning to its elitist image!

No wonder so many of 'us' are contemplating investing in BT Sport to keep up and enjoy our rugby, with the occasional treat' visit to the top internationanl games at Twicks. Very sad.

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 21:21

Elitist? Prices are still much cheaper than many of the football games*. My terrace ST is an absolute snip, with my Clash refund was only about 250 it's a bargain. Besides whilst they keep selling out I'm sure they will keep a firm eye on the willingness to pay. (*season ticket for AC Milan 3583!!).

Posted by: Beergoggles (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2017 21:50

As far as I can tell this is just a survey to gauge people's priorities and the value they put on seats in different areas etc. May be wise to park the paranoia until we get wind of a match day dress code and at seat butler service.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net