Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Injury Updates 19th Sept
Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 19:46

Quote:
Tomato Soup

Our squad is too thin and injury prone.

Our coach doesn't show any passion at all for the club (he is very controlled in all interviews). He also has a track record of winning nothing at all.

The players we have signed, Underhill aside would struggle to get in most AP teams.

I have no idea what the answer is but its frustrating.

Where did this come from??? I do agree with the first paragraph to an extent but the rest is quite insulting.

Posted by: sid the seagull (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2017 22:28

So out of 10 Pro thing teams and 12 Aviva (that's 22 x 15 first choice = 330 possible players) we have 2 players starting for the Lions Tomato Soup believes we have a poor squad.
Strewth.

CANTBE BOTHERED

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 10:10

Quote:
sid the seagull
So out of 10 Pro thing teams and 12 Aviva (that's 22 x 15 first choice = 330 possible players) we have 2 players starting for the Lions Tomato Soup believes we have a poor squad.
Strewth.

CANTBE BOTHERED
Yeah, but he also thinks we (still) have a thin squad.
Wiki, on the other hand (and take from that source whatever you wish) thinks:
      Team	Adults	Kids
Sale      	  32	 10
Gloucester	  38	 19
Wasps      	  39	 11
Leicester	  40	 15
Saracens	  40	 18
Harlequins	  41	 17
Bath      	  43	 12
Northampton	  43	 13
Lirish      	  45	 11
Worcester	  45	 13
Exeter      	  46	 13
Newcastle	  49	 11

NB: Wiki just HAS to be wrong on Sale; it also doesn't split senior from academy for Saints and Exeter; so I've taken the average academy size (13) and allotted it that way.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 21/09/2017 10:24 by Which Tyler.

Posted by: Bath85 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 10:16

My point was not that i am giving up hope at all, BUT to see that both teams can cope with losing a couple of key players through suspension/injury, and still performing, i worry that we have become a little reliant on Kahn and Garvey being fit, that said cook played well in the opener, i hope he plays well again on Saturday. COYB

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 11:55

Bar another centre, I'm happy with the current senior squad size. Clearly if you have an injury crisis in a particular position you will have to draft players in and we've done pretty well in a difficult market for THP with Perenise and Andrews.
I'm not so convinced about the composition of our academy: 5 out of 12 are props and 4 of whom haven't even turned out for United yet (are they injured?). Maybe that's not so important now that Bath Uni is more integrated.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 15:53

So to be a Top 4 team I guess you have to beat LI and Worcester Home and Away, you need to win all of your other home games and then maybe nick the odd away win at Sale, Newcastle, Gloucester and then pick up points at Sarries, Wasps, Exeter, Saints and Leicester.

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 17:22

Quote:
Which Tyler
Quote:
sid the seagull
Strewth.

CANTBE BOTHERED
Yeah, but he also thinks we (still) have a thin squad.
Wiki, on the other hand (and take from that source whatever you wish) thinks:
      Team	Adults	Kids
Sale      	  32	 10
Gloucester	  38	 19
Wasps      	  39	 11
Leicester	  40	 15
Saracens	  40	 18
Harlequins	  41	 17
Bath      	  43	 12

Northampton	  43	 13
Lirish      	  45	 11
Worcester	  45	 13
Exeter      	  46	 13
Newcastle	  49	 11

NB: Wiki just HAS to be wrong on Sale; it also doesn't split senior from academy for Saints and Exeter; so I've taken the average academy size (13) and allotted it that way.

That all seems fine numberswise but I wonder of that tells the whole story. When the United team played Saracens they were trounced and we were told it was men against boys so we should compare our fringe players & "boys" with the likes of Saracens. We do have a salary cap & we should be able to invest as much in our playing strength as Sarries.

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 18:02

Tomatoe Soup - (or whatever......................) you cannot be serious!smiling bouncing smiley

Adoptee for 2017/18 James Phillips - newly arrived and bringing a wealth of experience in the Prem!

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2017 18:54

TS definitely tongue in cheek - Burns a championship player? Do me a favour...

(I actually think that Todd has settled in really well, he seems to really like the club and the city.)

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2017 10:56

Quote:
Bath Hammer
That all seems fine numberswise but I wonder of that tells the whole story. When the United team played Saracens they were trounced and we were told it was men against boys so we should compare our fringe players & "boys" with the likes of Saracens. We do have a salary cap & we should be able to invest as much in our playing strength as Sarries.
Wait - you're actually thinking that that match was between players fairly equal in the pecking order for their respective clubs?
Really?

I can only assume that you've either got your tongue firmly lodged in your cheek - or you didn't see the team list.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anythinghttp://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net