Dave Attwood?
Posted by: fat lock (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 20:10

Anyone know what's happening with his injury?
My understanding is that he has a knee injury (first picked up on England training?) that has been managed conservatively but that hasn't recovered as hoped.
Any updates from anyone, is surgery possible, or is it career threatening?

Re: Dave Attwood?
Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 20:18

From last weeks injury update:
“Dave Attwood, who is still managing long-term knee cartillage issue, said at a season-ticket holder Q&A at the Rec that he hopes to play by the end of November, in seven or eight weeks.”
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Posted by: fat lock (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 07:25

Thanks
I missed the update last week - and he wasn't even mentioned this week which worried me.

That's a long time away still - hope the rehab goes as planned. I'm always nervous with such long predictions - plenty of time for something to go wrong!

Posted by: Barfboy (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 10:35

I'm sorry to say it, but the lack of updates around Attwood's condition makes me think he's close to finished. Even if he does come back, I just can't see him putting a run of games together before the next one comes along (or this one reoccurs).

Hope I'm wrong. He's sorely missed by this side.

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 10:59

I think he'll be back. Players have long-term injuries and return, some fitter and stronger than ever. It MIGHT even be a good thing for the longevity of his career.

Posted by: @Hydor18 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 11:23

Cartilage problems are nasty. Not easy to remedy like broken bones, torn muscles or pulled ligaments.

Posted by: Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 11:42

At the Q&A Atters made some very candid statements about how top level rugby can be detrimental to your health and well being. He was serious, they were not tongue in cheek comments.

I hope he gets back as planned, and that his return is well managed. As others have said, he is sorely missed.

Posted by: nick holder (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 11:49

Hope he is back as planned in Nov. Whilst he has star quality, the current locks are doing a very good job I think.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 12:55

well his twitter feed heading is that he is a young man in an old mans body, so I'm guessing he feels his aches and pains these days...

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 08:05

Quote:
nick holder
Hope he is back as planned in Nov. Whilst he has star quality, the current locks are doing a very good job I think.

+1

but attwood is a talismanic figure.

Posted by: Big Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 14:40

I hope it is not nearing the end of his career at all as I love Attwood and think he is a tremendous player. When he and Hooper were both in full flight that was a hell of a combo for us and he still has lots he can give the young players in terms of experience and advise as well as plenty of contributions to make on the pitch if he gets fit again!

I have noticed though that he's done more and more commentary work recently for BT and so I do wonder whether he is just preparing himself for life after playing as he is not getting any younger and the injuries have taken their toll no doubt!

Adopted players: 2017-18 Shaun Knight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net