Current Page: 1 of 3
James Wilson
Posted by: BathOtter (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 08:33

Might be a bit late to the party here, but haven't seen it anywhere else. Rugby Paper at the weekend said James Wilson, ex-Saints man, was being lined up as short term cover for us, 3 week suspension pending...

Two things here for me. 1 - I always rated him at Saints and thought he would be a great addition in exactly the mould we appear to need. 12, 13 or 15 cover would be 2 birds 1 stone etc.
2 - as short term cover, does that mean our recruitment in that position has either failed, or have we lined up someone bigger for start of next season?

Re: James Wilson
Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:02

Interesting. I always rated him and didn't like seeing him on the opposition side. Did the basics well and is versatile. I think he also goal kicks. So a good squad man to have.

How 'short' is short term? For the rest of the season or until the new year? Maybe we've got someone significant lined up for post autumn internationals?

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:02

I saw the rumour mentioned in the Dan Evans web chat yesterday [www.bathchronicle.co.uk]
Possibly a good short term option if he is still at the level he was a few years ago with Saints, but I seem to recall that he was out injured for a long time more recently.

Posted by: by (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:04

Be a good addition to the squad even in the long term if he’s cheap. I suspect that they haven’t found the right centre and will possibly wait until signing someone next season.

Posted by: BathOtter (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 09:18

Bit of digging, found an article from Bedford Blues in mid-September saying he had signed a short term deal with them also! So either he's fully fit again and we're now interested, or Bedford aren't that enamoured with him. The lingering 3 week suspension I can't find anywhere though. Is that duration for a bad tackle? Not sure, but given it was written last Sunday I imagine it'll have been dealt with by now...

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 11:46

This would suggest the club has failed in its search for a centre, but needs must I guess.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Posted by: SaintMaul (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 12:40

As a Saints fan, Wilson would be smart cover.

He has a good rugby brain. One of the best readers of the game it has been my pleasure to watch in a Saints shirt.

Versatile. Can cover full back, wing, centre and at a push fly half. Also at 6 ft 5 a big unit. Monster boot. Good team man. He never let us down.

His age and slowing speed are the only down side I can think of.

Posted by: dannyf2 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:06

T'eo is lined up, but need interim cover

Posted by: BathBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 13:25

Quote:
dannyf2
T'eo is lined up, but need interim cover

Source?

Posted by: Jonny Fantastic (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 17:22

Noticed James on the pitch after the game in Bath gear so looks like he's signed!

Posted by: Miles Offside (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:32

We needed cover for JJ & Watson for the AIs (who’d have thought JJ would be left out?), now with Taps injured, Banners and Tom Homer out UFN and uncertain if Burns or Priestland can play anytime soon, Wilson may have to be cloned several times to fill our gaps!
Welcome to Bath, James!
🇪🇪🇪🇪🇪🇪🇪🇪🇪🇪

http://www.sportnetwork.net/smileys2/pirate2.gif
"In regione caecorum rex est luscus"

Posted by: Danchinho (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:38

Really odd how we've neglected centre for a while now. It's so obvious we need proper signings before the inevitable injuries. I wonder what is really going on and what's really happened as far as our lack of recruitment.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 18:43

‘Neglected’? Not been successful certainly but Todd said months ago we wanted one. Then rumours (including Te’o) of a new one. I suspect that they just haven’t managed to get one of a good enough quality over the line yet rather than neglecting it.

Posted by: by (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 19:24

Teo could still be a possibility, it’s happened before where a signing is delayed until the teams have played each other. Probably something to do with protecting their calls and tactics.

Posted by: Hamptonite (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 19:56

Quote:
by
Teo could still be a possibility, it’s happened before where a signing is delayed until the teams have played each other. Probably something to do with protecting their calls and tactics.

Well I hope the Te'o you refer to is a better one than we saw on the Rec today.
Thought Ben Taps was miles ahead in almost every aspect of the game.
Seeing how long it was taking Te'o to get off the ground during their warm up exercises, I'm was wondering if he was fit!

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 20:11

“James Wilson has been training with Bath Rugby and came to watch their Worcester win”
[www.bathchronicle.co.uk]

Todd hopes to sign him until the end of the season, but due to his ban will not be available for the Euro matches.

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 21:49

Ehhhhhhhhhh. Still, I suppose Brew has done ok.

I expect JJ to still be with England.

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 22:23

Quote:
Hamptonite
Quote:
by

Well I hope the Te'o you refer to is a better one than we saw on the Rec today.
Thought Ben Taps was miles ahead in almost every aspect of the game.
Seeing how long it was taking Te'o to get off the ground during their warm up exercises, I'm was wondering if he was fit!

+1

Posted by: Miles Offside (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 01:48

Quote:
Danchinho
Really odd how we've neglected centre for a while now. It's so obvious we need proper signings before the inevitable injuries. I wonder what is really going on and what's really happened as far as our lack of recruitment.

Remember Robbie Freuan was going to be our wondersigning and then buttered off to Edinburgh as soon as he was fit👿

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 02:16

Quote:
Miles Offside
Remember Robbie Freuan was going to be our wondersigning and then buttered off to Edinburgh as soon as he was fit

That was known before the end of last season. Has he been playing for Edinburgh?

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net