Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Scarlett's v Bath match thread
Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 10:18

And if that performance hasn't pushed Kahn's new contract to the top of Tarquin's inbox then nothing will

He was awesome

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 10:38

Quote:
Optimist
I think in the cold light of day we should acknowledge that Scarlets' 5-day turnaround from an extremely draining game and full away travel must have impacted their energy levels. Irrespective of that, there were just so many positives from last night, and the shortening injury list, that one cannot but be optimistic about the season now.

The 5 day turnaround probably influenced the result, but Bath did what they had to do in horrendous conditions for rugby.

Got to give credit to the Scarlets for their excellent try even if it did seem to have an obvious forward pass in the movement.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 10:49

Banners excellent when he came on too - real impetus from the bench.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 10:52

Quote:
gaz59
And if that performance hasn't pushed Kahn's new contract to the top of Tarquin's inbox then nothing will
He was awesome

Earlier on in this thread I read that Guscott said he is off to Japan. Do agree he was excellent though, there was one occasion when he covered, juggled with the touch line then cleared that in those conditions was excellent. Also kicked to perfection and knew when to kick himself and when to feed RP.

Posted by: cb2 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 11:07

We had way too much power for them which is a worry for them as we can improve in that area. It was a very good performance and result. Now we need to work on consistency.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 11:45

‘We had way too much power for them’ - possibly, but you would have to think that’s related to their 5-day turnaround. I really hope that conditions are perfect for their visit to the Rec because that would make for a really interesting counterpoint.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 11:46

I would be gutted if Kahn went, he has to be worth another year at least?

Date: 21 October, 2017 11:59

Quote:
al Mossah
We do NOT want RP putting in MotM performances in Wales. Gatland might notice.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

He will never get a call up if he doesn't know where he stands. Rhys, here's a clue its between the 9 and the inside centre.

What I don't understand is that he only has 48 caps so how is he even eligible?

[also love the photo caption: England fly-half George Ford's departure to Leicester has seen Priestland make the Bath 10 role his own. Well if you don't count Freddie and Josh Lewis of course...]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 12:03 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 12:04

Quote:
BathMatt53
I would be gutted if Kahn went, he has to be worth another year at least?

+1

Just hope the owner's desire for Bath to be self funding doesn't prevent us from keeping key players like Kahn.

Jack Wilson - Adopted player 2017/18

Posted by: miller8 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 12:06

George Fords departure to Leicester shows how little we miss him.. RP is class who we should have used more last season..

Date: 21 October, 2017 12:16

Quote:
Optimist
‘We had way too much power for them’ - possibly, but you would have to think that’s related to their 5-day turnaround. I really hope that conditions are perfect for their visit to the Rec because that would make for a really interesting counterpoint.

They did look tired in the last 20, Davis and Patchell in particular, Davis being replaced by Jonathon Evans, (remember him?). But the conditions were dreadful, it was the sort of rain than never allows the ball to dry, its not often you see Halfpenny drop the ball.

But we never allowed them any time to do anything, the backs were up fast and Underhill and Faletau were so athletic Patchell was always under pressure. Underhill doesn't carry much but he is so relentless that even if he doesn't make a tackle he cuts the 10's options to virtually nill, when he does hit he kills the momentum of the opposition backs.
I think we need to develop a game round that as there were times when for a second there was a chance to exploit. The return will be interesting, but somehow I'm sure the conditions will be little different!

Date: 21 October, 2017 12:30

Quote:
BathMatt53

What I don't understand is that he only has 48 caps so how is he even eligible?

It doesn't immediately kick in Matt, but he needs 12 caps between now and when it does to be in contention, problem for Rhys is that Biggar needs 4 caps as well. So I wonder who will get selected to make up the 60? Its a stupid rule!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2017 12:41 by shipwrecked.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 12:34

An away match in bad conditions with experience missing, just the sort of game we would have lost in previous seasons.

The coaches have brought a wet game plan to the team and it was executed very well.

Well done all. I missed most of the 2nd half but from what I did see our defensive line speed was key.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 13:05

Excellent result in horrendous conditions, with Bath closing out a game at last. Well done team!!

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 15:15

Quote:
miller8
George Fords departure to Leicester shows how little we miss him.. RP is class who we should have used more last season..

Goes to suggest how badly treated Rhys was by the previous DOR>

Date: 21 October, 2017 15:29

Ok Rhys wasn’t going to be used much anyway but he was injured a lot as well. Still, that history - glad he’s doing well.

Date: 21 October, 2017 15:33

Quote:
BathMatt53
Ok Rhys wasn’t going to be used much anyway but he was injured a lot as well. Still, that history - glad he’s doing well.

Absolutely, however, I would like to see Freddy bet a few games, to keep his interest and keep RP fresh, that is when he isn't getting himself banned!

Date: 21 October, 2017 15:40

It’s great to have FB and RP who are both class but have different strings to their respective bows dependent on who we are playing. For me RP is good when it is a tight game which needs a steady hand. FB will shine on a dry day where a bit of va va boom is needed. Pleased to have both of those guys. Josh is a solid backup too.

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2017 16:38

Very very well played the Bath 23. Managed to keep a very talented Scarlets Back line quiet and our front 5 had an absolute stormer.

I thought as well as Faletau and Underhill, played, I thought Zach Mercer was my best Bath forward by some distance. He covered every blade of grass and was always involved in the thickest of the action.

Sincerely hope we can keep Kahn who was excellent and how well Rhys played. Wonder what a certain boy wonder's father made of that performance and would GF done as well in those conditions? I very much doubt it!

Very well played Bath, that result gives us a real chance to go through to the knockkout stages. Progress at last.

Current Page: 5 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net