Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Teams Up....
Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 14:12

The problem is out of the international period this is a fixture where we should score 4 tries.

I think we will do enough to win, but in the long run the BPs will be important.

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 14:15

I might go - never been to the Madejski, what's the deal with parking?

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 14:16

Quote:
hasta
It's not an AWC game, opti...

Must keep up! So ... that would be a half-decent side if only this were an AWC game.

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 14:18

Quote:
OutsideBath
Bath are so inconsistent it's difficult to predict what's going to happen. I'll just go and support with hope rather than expectation.
I must admit "Difficult to predic" was not the phrase that sprung to mind when I ran my eye over our backs selection.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Posted by: Widcombe Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 15:02

Havenít been there for a few yrs but there were some industrial estates opposite with no double yellows and a 10 minute walk to the stadium

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 15:12

Big car park which takes ages to get out of

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 15:26

Quote:
B4thB4ck
From memory this back line looks to me like a collection of players who may have played for us before, but not necessarily at the same time together.
A bit like Eric Morecambe playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order (apologies to younger browsers).

Hope training has been good. Usually in these situations we tend to fall back on safe play and look a bit stodgy.

Don't worry. Younger browsers will have far better things to do on a friday evening than come on a boring rugby forum with a load of old moaning codgers...

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 16:36

The Irish pack are none too shabby, not just their front row. Bought my tickets today, their man said about 7,000 tickets have been sold for this fixture so those thinking of coming will be v welcome. I always go to the Madstad game, best was a couple of years ago on Paddy's weekend and there were 20,000+ there. It won't be the same atmosphere on Sunday but I'm still looking forward to a good contest and a Bath win - 10pt spread I reckon...

Adopted players: 2017-18 T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 16:52

Talking of front rows, and I know it's been discussed elsewhere, and I know it's off topic, but Darryl Marfo is starting against New Zealand for Scotland tomorrow. Did we miss something there, or are Scotland desperately short of props?

Posted by: callmeMrTibbs (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 17:05

Quote:
Optimist
Talking of front rows, and I know it's been discussed elsewhere, and I know it's off topic, but Darryl Marfo is starting against New Zealand for Scotland tomorrow. Did we miss something there, or are Scotland desperately short of props?

If we did, so did Quins. (Welsh also let him go but I think that was because they had no money). And we can always try to rectify matters; his contract at Edinburgh only runs till May, though may well be extended.

Posted by: Trawling (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 18:01

I always park on Whitley Wood Lane. Brisk 10-15 mins walk to the ground. The business park is a bit touchier about match day parking these days. Never understand why those who are fortunate enough to be able to walk that far would spend time waiting to get out of a car park they have paid to get into on the basis of it's 'convenience'.

Posted by: Substitute (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 18:07

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
hasta
It's not an AWC game, opti...

Must keep up! So ... that would be a half-decent side if only this were an AWC game.

I must confess, I thought someone had ressurected the thread of a few weeks ago...

Oh well, I hope they can do a job. Our squad depth does seem a little thin...

Posted by: dannyf2 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 19:40

Good luck James Wilson.
As ever, we go to win

Date: 17 November, 2017 19:51

James Wilson played 13 in the AW game at the Madstad and had a solid game.

Date: 17 November, 2017 19:51

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2017 08:49 by Trawling.

Posted by: LIrishxv (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 22:15

Quote:
woodpecker

Expecting a big (by London Irish standards) crowd... get your parking ticket before the game, saves the hassle. And sit in the West stand if you want a quick escape. Usually takes about 15-20 minutes to get out of Reading

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 22:39

Where are Tapuai and Clark when we need them? Irish have a very experienced, tough front row and real pace on the wings. Our front 5 have got to be on their mettle and try and stem the flow of any Irish possession.

We need to get quick clean ball to give Freddie a chance and that is where our lineout has to be absolutely water tight, unlike recent games!

Our team should have the talent and ability to win and if we have any pretension of a top 4 slot, we have to win this game. It is going to be very difficult, especially with a weak referee. Other sides are beginning to get into their stride and we have to do the same to keep up with the likes of Gloucester who have tonight beaten a very good Sarries team, by coming from 20 points behind. Also Castle Grim is achieving fortress status as Glaws have not lost at home in the league this season, unlike us. Just shows how important home games are and our last two home losses could come back to bite unless the points are made up on the road.

C'mon Bath, now is the time to stand up and be counted, and show our worth.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2017 22:54

Thanks for the spoiler BoB...

...since he has given away the Glos v Sarries result I think that it emphasises the fact that Bath most certainly arenít the only team who can surrender a lead and lose the game. Sarries did it having a massive possession and territory advantage in the first half.

The cat really is amongst the pigeons this season....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/11/2017 23:16 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2017 08:47

Quote:
woodpecker

£10 at the stadium,with lots of space. You can also park in the industrial estate nearby, for a pound or two less.(about a 10 min walk)

[www.london-irish.com]

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2017 21:03

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Our team should have the talent and ability to win and if we have any pretension of a top 4 slot, we have to win this game. It is going to be very difficult, especially with a weak referee. Other sides are beginning to get into their stride and we have to do the same to keep up with the likes of Gloucester who have tonight beaten a very good Sarries team, by coming from 20 points behind. Also Castle Grim is achieving fortress status as Glaws have not lost at home in the league this season, unlike us. Just shows how important home games are and our last two home losses could come back to bite unless the points are made up on the road.
I can't believe you said that BoB.
For one, Sarries would never lose to Glos
Whilst secondly, Sarries would never surrender a lead like that.
Both of those things are what sets Sarries apart from Bath, and are thus literally impossible

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=377
RAEBURN SHIELD

Current Page: 2 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net