Current Page: 24 of 33
Re: Attwood to Toulon on loan
Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 15:37

That's the point, any money we get from Toulon can't be used for the salary for a THP or any other player. Sure, we free up his salary, but I think e need to spend that on a replacement. We could spend less on a replacement, but then we're correspondingly worse off in the second row. It doesn't seem like much of an advantage to me?

It may make Bruce happy, briefly, but it's really just a one off offset of a loss, what should make him happy is the club balancing their books long term.

I guess we could use that money to employ a great scrum coach? But what happens when that cash runs out? Maybe we use it to buy a great scrum coach out of their current contract...

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 15:37

"I don't really see why professional rugby players have the right to maximise their income more than anyone else."

They don't. They have exactly the same right. Some people appear to regard it as less of a right though.

And all fans are the same - happy to embrace a player who chooses our club whatever the circumstances of their leaving their club, and quick to condemn any player who leaves our club.

DA's got his reasons. Bath are going to get a decent chunk of cash to spend on the stadium. And another club is going to be feeling wearily resigned.

Posted by: @Hydor18 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 15:48

The year before a RWC is an awful time to be looking for top notch players.

Date: 12 June, 2018 15:49

Maybe, are there not other players in Dave's situation? Just realised they aren't going to make it in their own country and fancy a pension?

Posted by: Tomato Soup (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 17:26

I think that the club will stay quiet if he is not returning until after the ST renewal deadline. I maintain that the supporters are being shortchanged in all this.

The main improvements have been to the Rec but mainly to benefit the club finances. Its still an awful place to visit on a dark, wet Friday night. The structure in the East stand had to be improved to allow the stands to go back so far.

The bars are a disgrace - I think they ran out of beer in the East stand at the Irish match.

The whole club is amateur hour I am afraid.

Date: 12 June, 2018 17:34

" I maintain that the supporters are being shortchanged in all this. "

I'm quite happy that we spend up to the cap (more or less), whether we're spending that on DA or someone else doesn't really bother me so long as we're getting value for money, so I don't feel short changed.

"Its still an awful place to visit on a dark, wet Friday night."

For the most part it lacks a roof, what do you expect? There's no feasible way of it having one at the moment, I believe the club when they say they are working hard to improve that.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 18:28

Quote:
Tomato Soup
Its still an awful place to visit on a dark, wet Friday night.

If we win it isn't.

Tom Dunn - Adopted player 2018/19

Posted by: Rucking Carl (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 12:26

The other way the DA situation could help is with signing players in the future.
Player has two similar contract offers and thinks to himself - Aren't Bath the club that cared about Dave Attwood's mental health and let him go to France? And they let Faletau play for Wales when they didn't have to. A club that wants players to be happy as well as physically fit, that's the kind of club I want to be part of!

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 12:41

I know from the podcast (Danny Care) that Quins are back in pre-season this week.

Anyone know:

1) whether the Bath players are back at Farleigh (someone with instatwitter must have seen something?); if so
2) whether DA and James Wilson are with them?

Ta

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 12:46 by BathMatt53.

Date: 13 June, 2018 12:49

I think I read that DA was back with Bath, but in an article that says he's probably off, so i don't think you can read too much into it.

Posted by: BB (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 13:51

Atwood was in Bath Last week driving a Toulon emblazoned VW pickup. It had French plates so didnít look like he was coming back for long!!

Posted by: 3toedsloth (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 16:43

Yep heís driving a Toulon club vehicle & married someone called Brie.
Time to move on.

Posted by: Robbinho (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 14:08

What has his wifeís name got to do with anything?

And he might have been using the Toulon van to move his stuff back to Bath.....

Date: 14 June, 2018 16:29

ĎBrieí...as in a French cheese...I think it was a joke.

Posted by: Robbinho (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 17:10

Ha, that totally went over my head!

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 18:10

I know we live in an age of same sex marriages but when were we allowed to marry a lump of cheese? winking smiley

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Date: 14 June, 2018 18:19

Quote:
CoochieCoo
I know we live in an age of same sex marriages but when were we allowed to marry a lump of cheese? winking smiley

Itís 2018 CC, people can marry whatever they want, I donít give Edam.

Posted by: outhouse (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 18:31

Gouda chat.
I canít camembert the thought of him leaving

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 19:52

I port salut you all!

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2018 19:53 by CoochieCoo.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 20:04

What on earth is this all about? It seems to me you've all gone crackers!

Current Page: 24 of 33
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net