Sam Hildago Clyne
Posted by: terracehugger (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:37

We should sign him now!

Re: Sam Hildago Clyne
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:45

How would that work then? Aren't we pursuing Chudley?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:24

Quote:
shipwrecked
How would that work then? Aren't we pursuing Chudley?

this.

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:55

Ehhh.

Posted by: Robbinho (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:11

This is presumably in response to him leaving Edinburgh at the end of the season?

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:07

Why on earth should we? I had to look the guy up only to find he is one of three being released by Edinburgh because they are seeking to build a smaller high quality squad. If we were/are looking for a decent back up player then we could do worse but there’s nothing to gerarate any significant interest.

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:10

He is much better than Mr Allinson who we appear lumbered with!

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:13

Right, but he wouldn't be signed instead of Allinson, who still has a contract. Is he really any better than Cook?

Posted by: ELT (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:20

There was a rumour a couple of months ago that we were interested in him (TRP I believe), but more recently the same source has suggested that we 'have now completed the signing of Chudley'. I rather hope the latter is true, and that we find a way to release Allison from his contract. It may be the case that the second year of his contract was optional, anyway.

Chudley, Kahn, Cook and Green would be a very decent quartet, with a good mix of youth and experience.

Posted by: sirtidychris (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:52

Quote:
Bath Hammer
Why on earth should we? I had to look the guy up only to find he is one of three being released by Edinburgh because they are seeking to build a smaller high quality squad. If we were/are looking for a decent back up player then we could do worse but there’s nothing to gerarate any significant interest.

Sounds like the perfect criteria for a signing under the current recruitment team no ?

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 13:05

It is true that we have been able to give players whose progress has stalled a chance to revive their careers & it has generally worked well. I have been impressed with Lewis, Brew, Phillips & Wilson whereas not as yet with the highly rated Noguera though it is early days.There have been others in the past who have slightly disappointed such as Denton. Perhaps we shouldn’t put too much faith in reputations.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 13:23

Stooke! (and Allinson)

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 13:57

IMHO Stooke has been one of the best signings we have made in many a season.

Hard working, improving, tough as teak and generally fit to go. I expect he has been in virtually every match day squad this season, and hopefully that will continue.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net