Worst Top 14 Signing
Posted by: BathBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:09

Luke McAlister named as the worst Top 14 signing.

[www.nzherald.co.nz]

I have a problem with this. Not so much that it happens to be him, but the idea of some form of 'official' list of the worst players seems cruel. I'm all for the best signings, but to have this list means that, if the player reads it, they will be aware that they can never undo it. They will always be the worst signing of a certain year. This can't be good for their mental health, players should absolutely be able to deal with criticism even if it is undue but this feels different to me. McAlister has also had injury problems of late and we all know where that can put a player mentally. Maybe most players could shrug it off, even have a laugh about it with friends, but what about the one who can't shrug it off?

Who really gains from this list? A list of best signings can be somewhat educational, providing fans with knowledge of talent they may not have been aware of previously. I see no positives in making an official list of the worst. Perhaps I am being overly sensitive and so would be interested to see what others think of this sort of list being published.

Re: Worst Top 14 Signing
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:15

It’s just clickbait*. The web is crammed with slow news day garbage like that. What does it even mean, for example Picamoles at No2? Cracking player.

*and I just clicked on it.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:24

To be honest BathBurger, I wouldn’t have known he had been voted the worst signing of the year were it not for your lengthy post.

Posted by: BathBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:45

Quote:
ken_jnr
To be honest BathBurger, I wouldn’t have known he had been voted the worst signing of the year were it not for your lengthy post.

Fair enough. Although as I said in my lengthy post it doesn't matter who that player is. It's been published in a prominent French newspaper, it's very likely that he will know.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:52

Fair point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 20:53 by ken_jnr.

Posted by: There's 35 seconds to go (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:33

I'm sure he'll be gutted as he counts his hundreds of thousands of euros while sitting on a deckchair in his speedos.

Posted by: Never In Doubt (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:33

Says more about French club rugby than a decent professional player. They are just throwing money at foreign players with minimal diligence rather than trying to develop their own. Never thought McAlister was a player to set the world alight but decent player who was possibly offered a large contract without the club ever really thinking about how to fit him into the team.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net