Current Page: 1 of 5
Eddie Jones
Posted by: bathstigg (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2018 20:34

Frankly he doesnít like Bath and I donít like him. To train at sea level and play at altitude is a stupid error one which was learnt by the Lions years ago. The my way or the highway approach is unravelling and Bruce is quite right to question the injury toll particularly to us of his duty of care to players. As much as I hope England win in tournaments this coach is souring my support.

Re: Eddie Jones
Posted by: Bluebs (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 08:15

Agree, sad to say that having enjoyed his first year in tenure itís now fairly clear that heís a one trick pony. Flogging the team to deliver short term wins does not translate well into successful longer term culture. We look like a team where all is not well in camp and with the recent defensive displays you need to ask if gustardís mind has already gone to Quins

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 11:05

However, we canít keep on blaming the head coach when things go wrong. We are not necessarily world beaters & a fair number of the players, particularly Sarries, are tired after continuous top level rugby. Thatís not even mentioning altitude. Also, I donít think EJ hates Bath though was clearly annoyed by BC standing up to him & had to resort again to cheap insults. Heís not someone JI
warm to be but is probably as effective as most other head coaches.

Posted by: Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 12:16

I could not agree more with you Bath Hammer, I think this idea that England have a raft of world class players is delusional and that we are world beaters. The fact is we have a decent team that is not great. All the other points you mentioned is also fair.

How does Eddie Jones hate Bath, I really wonder how fans sometimes think, so the Bath owner comes out to criticize this man and his training methods and he retorts and now he hates Bath. How does that make any sense.

Eddie Jones seems like a very annoying person who must be tough to work with and he is not someone to particularly warm to but, he is the most successful Head coach we have had since Clive and as much as he is not doing well atm he is still one of the best coaches in international rugby and his track record at that level with England, SA and Australia speaks for itself.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 13:30

Only when he loses the team, he never gets it back...??
Imv, he has lost the team.
If he is not training for altitude performance, he must also be incompetent..?

Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 13:58

How frustrated must you guys have been when he was winning? That must have been really hard to manage.

I think people are over doing this defeat. It wasn't a bad performance, sure we tired as we weren't used to the home teams reasonably unique environment. But there was some good pay there, we scored plenty of points, it wasn't the same performance as the 6ns.

I can't imagine Eddie cares much about bath one way or the other.

Posted by: Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 14:17

I could not agree more DanWiley. Some of the criticism of Eddie is valid to me but a lot of it is so overblown and ridiculous like accusing him of hating Bath.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 17:28

I donít think he hates Bath, but there is some evidence to suggest Bath dislikes him. One of the coaches was willing to be openly rude about him in a public forum. I suspect it has its origins as much in the way he treated Roko and the utter verbal garbage with which he accompanied some incredibly crass selection decisions ( this is the guy who plays Mike Brown on the wing remember), as it does in the injuries heís responsible for. I know another story around a Bath player which is an indication that England training is considered unnecessarily risky.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 18:13

Joe Schmidt aside I suspect that few coaches are perfect. (JS just strikes me as the ultimate pro)

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 19:00

I'm not sure that 'Eddie Jones is a @#$%&' isn't a sentence that has been at least thought by the vast majority of people who've worked with him. I suspect he might even agree with it.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 19:02

The spat between EJ & BC is bound to colour the judgement of both individuals about their respective operations. Will it influence EJ selection of Bath players? Not sure but it might. Will it influence BC's attitude to player release? For sure given he has had to pay salaries for 5 injured players for 9-12mth. Does EJ walk on water? No. Should he take more care of the people he calls up? For sure. It's only a game after all...

Adopted players: 2018/19 Michael Van Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Change a life with a loan [www.deki.org.uk]

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 19:48

Eddie had the most remarkable run of 'new coach' luck. As a result team self belief was high.

All teams will eventually lose. The test is to get back on the horse and regain your composure.

Eng lost then lost again and the team confidence seems to have plunged. What is stopping Eddie from bringing it back up again?

Posted by: dannyf2 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 20:17

Eddie is all stick. Lancaster did years of ground work and built the culture but couldn't put the bl@@dy minded finish on it. Eddie does exactly that.
Boom and bust.

Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 07:48

"Not sure but it might. Will it influence BC's attitude to player release?"

I don't think BC had very much influence here at all. Most weeks he HAS to release those players and if there are weeks he can deny them he'd end up upsetting his top players pretty quickly if he did.

Date: 11 June, 2018 08:41

Probably makes Eddie even more likely to pick Bath players, if nothing more than to hold tackle bags, just to annoy BC!

Posted by: Big Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 08:52

I actually think a lot of EJ's issues come from himself. Whilst his brash arrogance was possibly confidence building for the players initially he has since become so entrenched in public war of words with other coaches, heads of clubs etc that it is a constant distraction to the players.

If more was said about what the team needs to do, who else needs to be brought in player wise etc, than people outside of the England camp then you may motivate the players more! E.g. if you make comments on looking at other options at scrum-half instead of other coaches and their coaching methods or x y z then you may have gotten more consistent performances from Youngs and Care over the last 3 years. Instead EJ does seem to take offence to even media questions on peoples form etc!

Adopted players:
2018-19 Jonathan Joseph
2017-18 Shaun Knight

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 08:55

BD

Does Eddie's brash arrogance actually deflect criticism from the team and protect them?

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 09:00

O come on, Eddie's an Australian. Don't think he does subtle!(Sm59)

Posted by: TG Kesmo (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 10:33

Quote:
Boldangrey
BD
Does Eddie's brash arrogance actually deflect criticism from the team and protect them?

That may have been the case to start with but now I think he picks slightly off topic spats to deflect criticism from himself.

Date: 11 June, 2018 10:37

I'm not sure he picked the injury one - although he was happy enough to get involved once it had been started.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net