Flatulent Fairies announcement
Posted by: cheffy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 20:01

Some of you may be interested.........

This is quite a sad post.....(not important in the general scheme of things really......) but it is just over a week until Fat Blokes 7s at Reading Abbey but following this year's tournament the founding team The Flatulent Fairies will cease to be. After 15 years of mayhem and frivolity Plumptious the Fairy will be hanging up her pink tutu and wings and shuffling (dis)gracefully into a well earned retirement......so all you former Fairies you are all invited to come along and celebrate all things FF...........There will be a 'Memorial' shirt later on all proceeds of which will be donated to Alexander Devine Hospice.

Au revoir Cheffy!!

Re: Flatulent Fairies announcement
Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 20:07

Sad news. The Bath Tubs ceased to be a while ago but I have a huge number of happy and hazy memories involving the Flatulent Faries, beer, nudity and some of the finest “rugby” I have ever been involved with.

Best of luck for the weekend, I hope it is a send off for the ages!

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 09:45

Sorry to learn the team at Reading Abbey are stopping this '7s' tournament although not surprised - so much organisation involved.

I was a lowly supporter (more like one of the loyal followers really) - but goodness we did have 'such fun'! Hysterical you could say! The Bath Tubs were all young handsome and just at the peak of fitness every year and maintained their record of losing to Bristol on a regular basis. How they managed to stay up most of the night celebrating was a near miracle after their heroic efforts to be eliminated as soon as was decently possible.

Trouble was some teams took it all far too seriously - remember the very competitive Army PE Team - didn't play in the spirit of the thing at all - actually tackled our players to the ground on occasion! ! And Ashley the Ref! And that rolling maul which somehow grew into 3 teams, 3 referees all headed for the clubhouse bar!

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 11:22

“How they managed to stay up most of the night celebrating was a near miracle after their heroic efforts to be eliminated as soon as was decently possible.”

Hahaha, I think it was just about setting our team vision and everyone buying in. A bit like all successful teams really!

Happy days indeed!

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 11:27

Top 2 inches, TCUP etc etc.

Posted by: Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 14:18

Quote:
ken_jnr
Sad news. The Bath Tubs ceased to be a while ago but I have a huge number of happy and hazy memories involving the Flatulent Faries, beer, nudity and some of the finest “rugby” I have ever been involved with.

Very well said Ken, I only have fond memories of the FB7's and our team talks were legendary - "Guys, we've got to lose the next game otherwise we're in danger of qualifying for the next round!"

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 14:22

Quote:
Sir Redneck
Quote:
ken_jnr

Very well said Ken, I only have fond memories of the FB7's and our team talks were legendary - "Guys, we've got to lose the next game otherwise we're in danger of qualifying for the next round!"
I don't believe that the Bath Tub.s were ever in danger of qualifying for a next round.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
http://www.rugbyrebels.co/board/download/file.php?id=608
RAEBURN SHIELD

Posted by: Sir Redneck (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 14:37

Quote:
Which Tyler
Quote:
Sir Redneck
Quote:
ken_jnr

I don't believe that the Bath Tub.s were ever in danger of qualifying for a next round.

You might be surprised! I do recall on one occasion we beat Bristol and Leeds Lardies in our group and qualified for the next round. We then got on the Natch with the Bristol boys so my memory thereafter is hazy

Posted by: Robbinho (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 15:16

That was he terrifying year we got to the final by accident. Seem to remember we actually tried to win it, and then promptly lost!

Great times and a hell of a lot of fun. Huge thanks to Cheffy and Eek (the memory of the sweat falling off his naked body as he attempted to crowd surf over us I won’t soon forget, despite extensive counselling).

Hope you have a great send off.

Posted by: Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 20:09

Quote:
Sir Redneck
Quote:
ken_jnr

That and 'avoid contact'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net