Balanced Comment
Posted by: Beergoggles (IP Logged)
Date: 07 November, 2018 22:31

I have to say that Iím absolutely sick to the back teeth of the constant negative carping from a small handful of posters on ere, to such an extent that I find myself reducing the amount of time browsing and posting on this board.

I accept the team are truly shocking at the moment and I have very little faith in the coaching aching setup. However I find the gleefully negative posts from a couple of key individuals more annoying than the on pitch performances.

As an example see JimDaffs thread on Delmas which I read to see what was going on with this player. However the pointless one line put down from one of the worst protagonists makes me think I just canít be bothered to read any further.

I suspect the only option is to leave these posters to gleefully wallow in their own dank misery but Iíll miss the rest of the (sometimes reasonably) balanced comment. Any chance SportNetwork could add a filter feature so we can choose to filter out those that continually drag the board down .

Re: Balanced Comment
Posted by: fat lock (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 08:18

It's a shame this software doesn't have an 'ignore poster' option for individual members.
Works a treat on some other forums I contribute to

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 08:53

We, the moderators, rather hoped that this sort of posting behaviour would cease with the new guidelines. The problem is we have other lives to live and are not here 24/7. All I can suggest is ignore the comment.

http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p7Mwi7pLXeM89TY2KFdDQ-UUDGSv1FKNdhYdrW-koAuRN3tsqCPfE3onFxuO-3cZ0057Tom1uJai3vjkz3dvY_Q/1998%20Euro%20Champs.jpg http://zdgzqa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pFul9UAV5zEXOzeRc1kmmlgDKXTYTIlTnGoQzYelH6KzdCeU-exN0IGo74QN2OGvlSoEiVjzAESvHx9BFlBsNFA/Bath%202008.jpg

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 09:32

That's nice bring referred to as a 'mouth foamer' for expressing my personal views!

Perhaps this board would be better with people like Malco, Bod, Bri, and el as regular contributors as they were often knowledgeable and had some different but sharp honestly held observations to add to the assinine rose tinted spectical brigade who want to silence those who see things differently and who remain abused for doing so.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 09:37

it is not so much what is said but how you say it. Do we want Trumponics or not. I would prefer a good debate where we all see each others point of view without resorting to daft descriptions like mouthfoamers, assinine rose tinted spectical brigade, etc. We do after all have one big thing in common (Bath Rugby supporters) and should at least be civil to our our fellow supporters (and team). Please can't we have this debate without the rancour?

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 09:56

Hear hear hemington!

This is not about silencing.

It is not about censorship or cheerleading for the club.

hasta's post gave the issue the title it merits- civility.

Beergoggles point that repetitive negativity is spoiling member's enjoyment of this forum is, unfortunately accurate. he is not the only one to have posted so publicly in the last week or so.

Criticism of results, performance, approach, skills etc are fine, especially if they are honest, sharp observations and knowledgeable. Please try to express them in a way that shows those characteristics.

PG

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 10:48

ken jnrs post hidden - we've said not to use pejorative group names please.

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 13:09

Objection - my spectacles are not rose tinted, they have a special anti glare coating for working with display screens.

I will order a rose tinted version if we lose the next 2 league games....

Posted by: Awp24975 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 16:28

Quote:
Beergoggles
I have to say that Iím absolutely sick to the back teeth of the constant negative carping from a small handful of posters on ere, to such an extent that I find myself reducing the amount of time browsing and posting on this board.
I accept the team are truly shocking at the moment and I have very little faith in the coaching aching setup. However I find the gleefully negative posts from a couple of key individuals more annoying than the on pitch performances.

As an example see JimDaffs thread on Delmas which I read to see what was going on with this player. However the pointless one line put down from one of the worst protagonists makes me think I just canít be bothered to read any further.

I suspect the only option is to leave these posters to gleefully wallow in their own dank misery but Iíll miss the rest of the (sometimes reasonably) balanced comment. Any chance SportNetwork could add a filter feature so we can choose to filter out those that continually drag the board down .

Well said!

Posted by: Bath Hammer (IP Logged)
Date: 08 November, 2018 17:02

Quote:
hemington
it is not so much what is said but how you say it. Do we want Trumponics or not. I would prefer a good debate where we all see each others point of view without resorting to daft descriptions like mouthfoamers, assinine rose tinted spectical brigade, etc. We do after all have one big thing in common (Bath Rugby supporters) and should at least be civil to our our fellow supporters (and team). Please can't we have this debate without the rancour?

+1 it is particularly annoying as many of us are fed up with & criticise the teamís performances regularly but because we donít employ hyperbole all our views are lumped together as asinine & rose tinted etc. It seems to be a competition into who can express their disapproval the strongest & who can repeat such comments the most. It becomes intensely boring.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net