Current Page: 1 of 2
Injury Updates 3rd December
Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 18:25

[www.somersetlive.co.uk] Latest Updates

Re: Injury Updates 3rd December
Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 18:38

Ewels rated 5 and MofTM. What a joke and shows how low are standards have fallen Next will be someone given the award for just turning up and getting dressed in his club kit correctly and managing to tie up his boots! Laughable if it wasn't so serious and these guys masquerading as professionals.

Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa Rokoduguni

The Rock that is Semesa and how he will be rocking this season.

Posted by: Duke of Earl (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 18:50

That has what to do with an injury update?

Nothing can stop the Duke of Earl

Date: 03 December, 2018 18:56

Quote:
Bathovalballer
Ewels rated 5 and MofTM. What a joke and shows how low are standards have fallen Next will be someone given the award for just turning up and getting dressed in his club kit correctly and managing to tie up his boots! Laughable if it wasn't so serious and these guys masquerading as professionals.

Ewels isn't even mentioned in the article; have you completely lost the plot?

Posted by: TG Kesmo (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 19:04

Never misses a chance to diss Ewels

Date: 03 December, 2018 19:23

Just clicked on other titles attached to the article. Still a nonsense anyway.

Mercer should have been taken off when he first went down and had a long treatment. The ground was heavy and any weakness was going to be exposed. Ellis is a more than adequate replacement in my view on recent form has always mixed it with the best, contributing a huge amount to the mauls and with his tackling.

Well, as we are going to get a a tonking on Saturday by a proper rugby side and don't stand a chance of getting out of our Euro group, it would be sensible to rest our best players for the League games. We can do a Sarries away fixture, and put out lower rated squad players and hope they will learn from the experience, as our coaches assure us they do in such circumstances.

Forget the European Cup Bath, as if we don't improve our league performance, we will not be playing in the top European sides anyway.

Posted by: fat lock (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 19:46

Do you play the best team and hope to play into form, or do you rest the big guns to be able to grind out some dirty wins later?
Whatever they do we'll complain.
Not sure if Todd has lost the dressing room, but he's certainly lost a sad bunch of keyboard warriors, I wonder how he can sleep at night....

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 19:57

Quite a few disappointments in that list - several that were expected back early Dec now looking a few weeks late...not what we need.

[Adoptee 18/19: Man Mountain Dave Attwood, back in the BB&W and ready to smash]

Posted by: BathBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 20:01

I thought Faf was awarded Motm???

Posted by: Kidney Stone (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 20:26

Toddy’s body language in that interview says more than the words he uttered.

I will be astonished if countermeasures are not being pieced together, with or without his cooperation.

Date: 03 December, 2018 20:53

Quote:
BathBurger
I thought Faf was awarded Motm???

What makes you think he wasn't?

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 20:55

Quite frankly any self respecting player would decline a MotM award in a game as bad as that - it is merely identifying who was least shite. Hardly a cause of celebration to crack open the fizzy

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 21:38

At Uni I won the raffle to play hooker in the women's under 25 XV, the scent of Channel No5 was intoxicating and I have to say I had a few issues with binding but I struggled through somehow.
Had to play for the full 80, despite suffering few injuries. I did have to strongly resist multiple offers to kiss it better though. Rugby builds character to cope with those seemingly desperate moments in life. I won Man of the Match for that game....possibly because I was the only one............or was that a dream I had last night?

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

https://i.ibb.co/sbQsmcr/darren-atkins-5.jpg

Posted by: Boldangrey (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 21:47

Live the dream, SW, live the dream.

Did I ever tell you about the time I was snowed in in a log cabin with the entire Norwegian Ladies Soccer Team?

Date: 03 December, 2018 22:28

Quote:
Boldangrey
Did I ever tell you about the time I was snowed in in a log cabin with the entire Norwegian Ladies Soccer Team?

PM me BnG that's probably a bit too fruity for some on here! winking smiley

Darren Atkins Age 21 years, Fullback, 6 ft 1 in, 13 st 4 lbs. Chance to shine in 18/19 with AW's injury!

Date: 03 December, 2018 22:31

Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Boldangrey

Dream on SW.

Looks like we've derailed another good thread.

Date: 03 December, 2018 22:40

Quote:
Boldangrey
Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
Boldangrey

Dream on SW.

Looks like we've derailed another good thread.

I don't believe that BnG, the common factor for Bath forumites is a sense of humour even if we're losing, got rubbish coaches and don't wear a feathery headdress.

Date: 04 December, 2018 08:09

Quote:
shipwrecked

.... the common factor for Bath forumites is a sense of humour even if we're losing, got rubbish coaches and don't wear a feathery headdress.

Coming from a bloke in a lion suit?

Date: 04 December, 2018 09:32

No, Bath have young men dressed in the once proud, feared BB and W, masquerading as rugby players but regrettably seemingly not yet been introduced or having a clue about the basic skills or requirements of how to play the game.

Please don't anyone whinge on about injuries or missing players because our list is much less than other clubs and they seem able to play and win games despite these perceived disadvantages. Also, they show more determination and spirit than our present group. That is probably the problem, the existing group and their attitudes as well as abilities.

I see Leinster are missing at least 3 of their top choices so I suppose they are going to be a push over on Saturday as they will be thinking we haven't a chance against the mighty Bath. However, after the performance of their second string last weekend, I don't believe any reasonable sane supporter thinks that is the case.

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 09:42

While I don't agree that our injury list is less than other teams (Faletau, JJ, Watson are probably three of the four top paid players in the club) but it doesn't change the fact that we're underpeforming regardless.

Still, I kind like the idea of an Ellis/Underhill/Louw back row and Attwood and Roberts to carry hard.

I think I might drop Roko for Vuna.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net